Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New membership offerings as of June 1st, 2011

Some nice improvements, JR. It sure is nice to see the price of something in Calgary go down for once. I saw it coming a couple months ago when I first joined, but once I started getting interested in handguns I couldn't wait around for it to happen. The price of impatience. I pay it regularly :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The short answer is no.

The long answer is: Potentially...

In Ontario, the CFO requires not only membership, but proof of competency.

An associate membership in Ontario would do you no good unless you also took the CSSA club level safety course and were signed off.

The paper burden for this in ontario would make it impractical.

JR
    What about for people who have taken the CSSA club level safety course and already have an ATT, they would just be switching to this new club.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nairbg View Post
    JR, there is another snag to your associate membership.

Apparently, one has to apply in person for your associate membership. That presents an additional cost to out-of-towners that pretty much eliminates the value of this category for us.

You could sell me a firearm over the phone, but not a membership?
    Ask and you shall receive!
    It has become clear that there is a need in Alberta for our "Associate" membership, so we have put the application package together and if you email:

info@theshootingedge.com
    We will send it to you.

As long as you fill out the package as per the instructions, you can now get an "associate membership" from your own home.

Happy shooting!

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pizdets17's Avatar
    Hey JR I have a question that I need an answer once and for all for as your staff keeps changing almost weekly. I've been a full member for a couple years, Im there 2-4 times a month, sometimes with my wife. Does she really have to fill out the waver EVERY week I bring here there? For a year and a half everyone said no, especially once the new "digital" membership cards were issued, now the other day they made her do it again saying it was always required even though it was clearly stated in the computer system that my son and wife are on my membership as guests who do not need a waver EVERY time. This is a pretty big annoyance as sometimes it takes your guys 10 minutes to take a look at the waver so we can go shoot. If I wanted to do that I would not pay for a membership I would just do a walk in like the other people waiting. It was also awesome to have a guy tell me he worked there for 3 years and in 3 years I've never seen him even once lol. I must need better optics. SO please let me know if this is now standard and my wife and son have to fill out a waver every week. I really hope not. Thanks for your time.

Dmitri
    Buy quality once or keep buying crap forever..

A week with no response...

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    The standard policy is that members have their waivers attached to their membership forms. This is standard across all memberships regardless of type.

Any guests that accompany you, as a full member, must have a waiver filled out. We can add your spouse's waiver (a complete separate waiver, you cannot just put her name on your waiver like the minors/youth) to your membership so they don't have to fill out another one each and every time.

You can add youth to your waiver so they don't have to have one filled out each time, but you must be their legal guardian/parent. Any kids that aren't yours, must have a waiver filled out each and every time by their legal guardian/parent.

Next time you guys are in, come see myself or JR and we can get this sorted for you.

Apologies for the delay in reply and the past inconveniences.

-Justin

Yea, this is what was done almost a year ago with attaching my wife and kid's name to my membership and their wavers. But the 2 brand new guys behind the counter who couldn't even figure out how to ring up a box of ammo said that she has to fill one out every time. I am sure they are already on the membership but these guys did not know how to look up that information. My membership# is 2430, please check and let me know.

Thanks for your help Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12