Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New membership offerings as of June 1st, 2011

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

Smile New membership offerings as of June 1st, 2011

With the introduction of a new "point of sale" that can actually properly track these things, we have decided it's time to change up our membership packages.

It's always been my personal belief that its better to lead than follow...

I think the family memberships will be popular!

JR

Standard “Full Club Membership”
    Cost: $450 plus GST (first year) and $400 plus GST for renewals
    $120 + GST for a spousal (related adult – same address) add-on

• Unlimited use of the facility during normal operating hours for an entire year.
    • Exclusive “Members Only” shooting times.
    • Free use of all of the training firearms that are offered for use in the facility.
    • Professional supervision if you are not licensed or want to use a firearm you do not have the proper permit to lawfully acquire.
    • Complimentary use of safety equipment for you and any guests accompanying you.
    • 50% discount on the first guest pass every visit.
    • Free guest passes for all youth (under 18 years old) accompanying you. ($20 Value per person per visit).
    • Complimentary On-site storage (pending space availability) for up to two (2) firearms ($30/month value).
    • Option to rent a personal storage locker (pending availability) for $50 per year.
    • Free to participate in “member’s only” events.
    • 20% discount on range ammunition.
    • Special member pricing for all in-house courses and TSE hosted courses.
    • $15 discount off of a set of “Custom” Earplugs.
    • Complimentary visiting privileges at “CRAFM” in Montreal and “Target Sports” in Toronto.
    • Four (4) Complimentary “Day Passes” (which also can be used by guests not accompanying) ($160 Value).
    • Six (6) Complimentary tokens for use in the “Cowboy Shooting Centre”.
    • Two (2) Complimentary Guests on your birthday.
    • One (1) hour of private instruction with one of our qualified instructors.
    • 25 “Airmiles”.

Premium (VIP) “Full Club Membership”
    Cost: $1000 plus GST (first year) and $900 plus GST for renewals
    $120 + GST for a spousal (related adult) add-on
    Includes all of the features of the Standard “Full club membership” plus;
    • Complimentary guest privileges for your first three (3) guest every visit. ($40 value per guest)
    • 50% discount for the next two (2) guest passes every visit. ($20 Value per person per visit)
    • Firing lane reservation privileges for up to two lanes per visit (24 hour notice required). Subject to availability.
    • Complimentary Premium size storage locker.
    • Six (6) Complimentary tokens for use in the “Cowboy Shooting Centre”.
    • Two (2) Complimentary Guests on your birthday.
    • One (1) hour of private instruction with our Chief Instructor. (By appointment)
    • 50 “Airmiles”.

Professional User “Full Club Membership”
    We recognize that those in society that are required to carry and potentially use a firearm on a daily basis, need to have continuous training and practice. This offer is limited to current (I.D. required) Military, Law Enforcement, Armed Security only.

Cost: $450 plus GST (first year) and $400 plus GST for renewals
    $120 + GST for a spousal (related adult) add-on
    Includes all of the features of the Standard “Full club membership” plus;

• An in-store credit of $100 will be given to assist you with your training costs. This credit cannot be applied towards your membership cost.

Associate Membership
    This membership category was created simply so that you could prove “membership” at a club for the renewal of your license and/or to get an ATT. The benefits are limited, but we want everyone to be able to enjoy the shooting sports regardless of where they chose to join or participate.

Cost: $50.00 plus GST per year

• 25% discount on a day pass for your daily visit. (you pay $30 instead of $40).
    • $15 discount off of a set of “Custom” Earplugs.
    No other discounts implied or offered with the level of membership.

Please note:

If you take your P.A.L. Training through TSE you will get a onetime
    $175 credit towards your membership fee if membership purchased within 60 days of your course.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jwirecom109's Avatar
    Gotta Say JR, I love the fact that your changed the prices to the good of the members, I will be renewing in the fall for sure
    The Only good Zombie is a dead zombie. Unless that zombie is in a room full of liberal pigs, enjoy your gun control. - Jwirecom109 (ME!)
    A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.” - Ayn Rand

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Can these same memberships be purchased from/for Target Sports as well for us Ontario Folk?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    Can these same memberships be purchased from/for Target Sports as well for us Ontario Folk?
    +5000 on that

Quote Originally Posted by Bop67 View Post
    +5000 on that
    +1 on +5000

“Now you know how I don’t like to use the sit down gun.” - Col Chestbridge

Quote Originally Posted by Arloashean View Post
    +1 on +5000

The real question to be asked is; will the CFO in Ontario issue an LTATT to someone in Ontario with a membership at a range in Alberta.

In practice the answer should be "yes", but given that the CFO in Ontario curently requires a person to be "signed off" by the club and have the equivilent of the CSSA "club level safety course" before issuing the LTATT, I do not think our membership would fly...

But that's just me.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nairbg's Avatar
    JR, there is another snag to your associate membership.

Apparently, one has to apply in person for your associate membership. That presents an additional cost to out-of-towners that pretty much eliminates the value of this category for us.

You could sell me a firearm over the phone, but not a membership?
    If someone is going to kill you with your own gun, they had best have to beat you to death with it!

Quote Originally Posted by nairbg View Post
    JR, there is another snag to your associate membership.

Apparently, one has to apply in person for your associate membership. That presents an additional cost to out-of-towners that pretty much eliminates the value of this category for us.

You could sell me a firearm over the phone, but not a membership?
    For out-of towners we could look into something. However, why we sell them currently "in person” only is that to ensure we provide the most safe facility around, all members (regular and associate) must read and sign our waiver AND a facility policy and procedure acknowledgment form.

In the past, we had some minor issues with some licensed shooters that needed a reminder of the basic safety rules and range etiquette that most of us take for granted.

By expecting everyone to read and acknowledge these basic points, we have found our facility to be more efficient and relatively “drama” free.

Yes we can sell you a gun over the phone, but the CFO verifies who you are and what your address is.

Drop me a line if you want to discuss this as I am not unreasonable.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    The real question to be asked is; will the CFO in Ontario issue an LTATT to someone in Ontario with a membership at a range in Alberta.
    Maybe I was unclear. Could target sports not offer this exact same thing but for their range in Ontario? It would be proof of membership for a range in Ontario.

Maybe I was unclear. Could target sports not offer this exact same thing but for their range in Ontario? It would be proof of membership for a range in Ontario.
    The short answer is no.

The long answer is: Potentially...

In Ontario, the CFO requires not only membership, but proof of competency.

An associate membership in Ontario would do you no good unless you also took the CSSA club level safety course and were signed off.

The paper burden for this in ontario would make it impractical.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast