Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ar-15 Magazine Review

Now that my pictures are up, here's my review. A big thanks to Marstar for their service. I will discount their slow shipping due to the postal strike.

The quality on them may look bad initially and to remedy that so those who buy these AR mags need to get a tissue paper or cloth and wipe off all the grease on them.

The rivets stick out slightly on them. The magazines are heavier than regular magazines that I have (shoulda done a picture).

The packing job sent here was excellent! I removed a crapload of the white foams already before I took a picture but you can see remnants of the in the box.

I inspected all over the magazines and have found NO manufacturer name on them....

High quality mags that's for sure. Nice and greasy not to mention individually wrapped.

I inserted one into my AR and they drop freely upon magazine eject not hang/stick up in the magwell waiting to be pulled out. They drop freely, excellent!

The weight is because they are as advertised, thick steel walls on the mags. Doesn't look to be painted black. Sorry if the pictures look a little grey but they are infact all jet black magazines with green magazine followers.

I'm impressed to say the least. Enjoy people! I hope the staff at Marstar and John will like my free review and promotion of their product!
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Those rivets are ugly, we need to do something about those.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Those rivets are ugly, we need to do something about those.
    Nothing that a sharpie can't fix....or some black paint......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Or a bill passed through 3 parliament readings, a senate vote, and a thumbs up from the GG... followed by a drill applied directly to the rivet.

Missed anything?
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I second the above notion
    Quote Originally Posted by BP7
    It's a DUTY pistol, not a Faberge egg.

Ladies, Gentlemen, I will be doing a battlefield review of my magazines shortly. I can tell you I had a little bit of problem inserting bullets into the magazines already and plan to "modify" them so they can accept 5 rounds properly .... or more......
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer shredder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Or a bill passed through 3 parliament readings, a senate vote, and a thumbs up from the GG... followed by a drill applied directly to the rivet.

Missed anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by modernworrior View Post
    I second the above notion
    Me three!!!!!:D

Does anyone have the CProducts Stainless Steel mags to compare Marstar's mags to?
    Justin Trudeau:

Liar, Thief, Hypocrite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12