Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Czech Small Arms Distribution

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    drool , drool , drool...

just to clarify your statement , no rail mount on future compacts but what about the carbines and non-res?

and what about the brake ? are all models comes with it or some do and some dont ?

Is the piston still a separate piece on those compacts?
    Whatever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I can't see how the piston can be two part.

Just to note, these models have a scope mount already installed. The future models will not have this option from the factory in order to keep the costs down for the people who do not want it.
    I hope that means the price is less. These are already 100s more than regular 58s.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I can't see how the piston can be two part.
    I asked if the piston was a separate piece, not a single piece.

There not much space to remove the piston considering it needs to be lifted up to clear the gas block. I wouldn't have been surprised if the piston ended up fitted to the bolt carrier and the ejector modded to compensate.
    Whatever

The mags on those are still pinned to 5 rounds, I see? How about getting them pistol status, same as the new XCR pistols? It seems pretty clear that, with the tiny hanguard in the front, the gun is meant to be fired one-handed (in other words, I don't think the CFC techs will object to something this obvious). Then all CSA has to do is to mark the mags accordingly. Just a thought.

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    The mags on those are still pinned to 5 rounds, I see? How about getting them pistol status, same as the new XCR pistols? It seems pretty clear that, with the tiny hanguard in the front, the gun is meant to be fired one-handed (in other words, I don't think the CFC techs will object to something this obvious). Then all CSA has to do is to mark the mags accordingly. Just a thought.

Keep in mind that the AR-15 mags are not legal at 10 rounds because they were modified and marked for use in a handgun. The manufacturer demonstrated that they designed and manufactured that particular mag specificly for a handgun.

Questar had posted the origional RCMP letter on the subject.

BANNED
    Mmmmm 10 round CZ 858 magazines...

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    Keep in mind that the AR-15 mags are not legal at 10 rounds because they were modified and marked for use in a handgun. The manufacturer demonstrated that they designed and manufactured that particular mag specificly for a handgun.

Questar had posted the origional RCMP letter on the subject.
    Easy to do... the CSA factory can probably make these for $5 or less a pop (their production cost) and sell them at $35 out here, minus middle man fees. Very doable and lots of $ to be made for sure. I've once spoken to someone who had contacts at an AK production plant... and if you knew their actual production costs on any given part (or an entire gun), you'd probably fall off your chair. Let's just say that they weren't too expensive.

Now, proving that a mag is "pistol specific" simply implies producing a mag that holds 10 rounds and stamping it as being for a pistol. No need to reinvent the wheel on that one, lol... especially if you already have all the required tooling for production. Besides... these minis ARE pistols, because they're neither rifles nor carbines (too short + I don't see how they could be interpreted as being intended to be fired 2 handed!).

Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    58s can be bought for about $150 US.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    Now, proving that a mag is "pistol specific" simply implies producing a mag that holds 10 rounds and stamping it as being for a pistol. No need to reinvent the wheel on that one, lol... especially if you already have all the required tooling for production.
    Unfortunately, unless the RCMP are satisfied that CSA have reinvented the wheel, they will most likely default to the opinion that these are simply modified rifle magazines.