Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steel Shooting Targets

Steel Shooting Targets

Northern Targets is southern Ontario's premier steel target manufacturer.
    Offering high quality steel targets for both your personal and gun range use.
    All of our target plates are made from Armox 500T brand ballistic steel and are made to last many years of service

Visit us Online at www.northerntargets.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer elimsprint's Avatar
    I wish you all the luck in your new venture, your targets look great. Is the "coming soon" dueling tree going to have locking plates? If so I really want one.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by elimsprint View Post
    I wish you all the luck in your new venture, your targets look great. Is the "coming soon" dueling tree going to have locking plates? If so I really want one.
    Kim
    Thank you very much Kim it really means a lot to hear that . I design all the targets with the competitions designs and prices in mind so whenever I undertake a design to build rule#1 is: to make it better .

While locking plates are a bit of an engineering/cost ratio challenge I believe my magnetic stopper design, like on the hostage target, is the solution and clever new design in the neighborhood of swinging targets, putting strong magnets on the plate stoppers will lock the plates in place as well as prevent "half swings" from smaller calibers such as .22 which wont even get the plate off the magnet. More powerful calibers such as 9mm and .45 will swing the plate to the other side to be caught by the other magnet and held in place .
    Only Canadians could bring innovation to something as simple as a hunk of steel to shoot at :D
    Thanks again Kim!

Hi NT,
    Thanks for the reply. I like the magnet idea on your targets but I think you misunderstand what I meant by locking plates on the dueling tree.
    The first dueling tree I ever saw was on a TV show "The Sportsmans Challenge" IIRC 25-30 years ago. There were 8-10 4" round targets on it with 4-5 on each side. It was shot at various distances with .22 handguns and rifles only. What made it great was that as soon as all the plates got to one side or the other the whole thing locked up to show who the winner was. I don't know how they did that but I am sure it was a mechanical system not electronic. I also saw one, larger scale for centrefire pistols, at a Washington State IPSC Championship and it was mechanical for sure but again I don't remember looking at how they made it work.
    I have one of the commercially available dueling trees and as it does not lock up you can never really have a winner when using it for actual "dueling". We have adopted a timed fire competion using it but as that is not really dueling it kind of defeats the purpose IMHO.
    I have searched online but have never found a similar system so maybe it is just too cost prohibitive but it would sure be nice to have a true "dueling tree".
    Kim

That's definitely something i will have to incorporate, the community's feedback is really important to me Thanks a lot for the hint Kim.
    I wont be releasing a dueling tree without the locking plates!

NT,
    That's awesome, if you figure it out and build one for .22 I'm in for sure.
    Kim

Back from vacation on the Croatian coast Sorry for any missed calls!

Manufacturer-Business Member
    Wishing you all the best in your venture. Great to see Canadian innovation in the shooting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Targets View Post
    Back from vacation on the Croatian coast Sorry for any missed calls!
    ... I've spent a pile of time in Dubrovnik, Split & the islands (Otok Brac, Otok Hvar, Otok Vis) vacationing and hand-lining for Tuna in the Adriatic. Awesome place.

-Dave

Free Target? thats right ladies & gentlemen

Northern targets Is Offering a Free "Scout" target as a prize to any Shooting competition's Staff/Organizers to add to their list of goodies for their winners, E-mail me at Samir@imransteel.com with the details or PM me to apply!
    And of course, no strings attached!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Thank you Northern Targets! My pistol targets I picked up from you were great! Check out the video I posted on my YouTube of them!

http://youtu.be/_DnNgRc0yHI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast