Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: marstar, ALWAYS SOLD OUT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    check the site often...book mark it..... when stuff pops up order it that same day.

thats how i get stuff.... and leave you with the "sold out" status!

got my Norinco USGI 1911A1 that way..."only a few" in stock and I ordered mine within a day or two of them coming in! I got one! wo wo!

Checked their website every day for a year or so to get it ;b
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    THE YOUNG GUN;
    " I'm sure they would love to have unlimited stock to sell on a daily basis, sometimes not the case"
    Very true, unfortunately we are at the mercy of manufacturers....

"Either way I don't see many retailers in the industry that can offer exactly what they do. "
    We have tried for the past 27 years to offfer what is different, scarce or just plain odd, of course at the lowest possible price.... Thank you for your interest....

Send me an e mail before planning any trip here.... john@marstar.ca

John
    I will definetly do that. Might be beneficial to you to be out of the office that day, 22 years old with an insatiable appetite to learn, you may get tired of talking, from what I hear your store has quite some interesting things in it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pres717's Avatar
    They are doing a completely new website right now, so I think the current one might not be getting the attention it should.
    "I like guns, I like the way they look,
    I like the shiny steel and the polished wood.
    I don´t care if they´re big or small,
    if they´re for sale, hell, I want´em all!
    I like guns, I like guns, I like guns!"
    (Steve Lee)

Well sometimes the item you want is in stock but the site is not updated, so best to call. I have bought a few things from Marstar, maybe I have been lucky and the shipment came in when I called but the customer service I have recieved has always been very good. I have a Pietta BP revolver on order now and Jim has helped me out because my fax never made it and I am very happy with the service. Hopefully I don't end up with two or yeah it was an accident honey, really, I bought it for you. Followed by my face on a milk carton and a news report about a missing soldier.....
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\
    NCR 1st Recon motto "The Last thing You Never See"

That’s the beauty of healthy competition, if you don’t like it shop somewhere else……. Period.

Expired Business
    HDFFEJ & OTHERS;
    " I would say it was my favourite site to go to untill I noticed everything I wanted was sold out. I don't go there anymore. "

I agree it can be frustrating, as I have posted elsewhere on CGN, we are building a new site, it will be a few months before it is up and running.

If any of you can offer or suggest a solution to our problems and issues with suppliers we would welcome your input.....

A few of the problems we have to which we would welcome input;
    1)How to get foreign governments off their butt and follow the promised schedules
    2) Get our foreign transite permits on time
    3) get our foreign export permits on time
    4) make the shipping lines stick to schedules
    5) force shipping lines to accept cargo when they are wrong in their "policies"
    6) getting all Canadian ports to accept all cargoes
    7) getting Canadian port authorities to review cargo before refusing entry
    8) getting Canada Customs to examine cargo in a timely manner, not 2-3-4 weeks after arrival, we should insist on "immediate service"

For example we just received some surplus goods that we purchased and paid for 20 months ago, even though it was promised "within a few weeks"

I await your input
    John
    B]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    For example we just received some surplus goods that we purchased and paid for 20 months ago, even though it was promised "within a few weeks"
    B][/B]
    Hold on now, let's focus on this.... what is about to go on sale and how much room do I need on my Mastercard???
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

I suppose jumping up and down screaming I am a taxpayer wouldn't help, eh? and I am guessing higher bribes would be passed on in the retail price too.... HHHMMmmm. I am fresh out of idea's. I am just kidding anyway. Not to kiss your ass too much John but most of us appreciate the delicate art of feeding our addictions that you go through, and it is appreciated. I am assuming there are far more things that you do then just this small list. I know dealing with just this crap would drive me to drink. On behalf of myself and the other satisfied customers. Thanks.

If any of you can offer or suggest a solution to our problems and issues with suppliers we would welcome your input.....

A few of the problems we have to which we would welcome input;
    1)How to get foreign governments off their butt and follow the promised schedules
    2) Get our foreign transite permits on time
    3) get our foreign export permits on time
    4) make the shipping lines stick to schedules
    5) force shipping lines to accept cargo when they are wrong in their "policies"
    6) getting all Canadian ports to accept all cargoes
    7) getting Canadian port authorities to review cargo before refusing entry
    8) getting Canada Customs to examine cargo in a timely manner, not 2-3-4 weeks after arrival, we should insist on "immediate service"
    B][/B]
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\
    NCR 1st Recon motto "The Last thing You Never See"

John, I too am in the retail game...we must not forget the 80/20 rule of customer service...80% of our customers are satisfied with our efforts, and 20% WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED, so don't let them grind you down.

What you need is some first rate smugglers.

Probably more honest than a lot of the governments you deal with, too.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678