$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cinema Range

Quote Originally Posted by Brobee View Post
    Just 'cause you kick my butt at the wheel of frustration is no reason to gloat!! And if I remember correctly your bacon-slaying skills brought me back to par...

The best part was that by the time we were done, both our guns were hot enough that we could have probably cooked bacon by wrapping it around the hand guards.

All around the cinema range is a total gas and I'm excited to go again...we should do it soon as I'm wading into the world of the czech service rifle and am dying to pit it against your benelli!

That is unless I can't stifle my own gagreflex at the notion I might have to pay when I lose again...
    once the Benelli FINALLY cools down it will be ON! (Like Donkey Kong....with guns...)

Indoor full bore shooting screen

So, just by chance, when I logged on a thread refrencing CSC was in the "new posts" list. A thread that peaked my intrest enough to read it to boot. And after reading for a while I wanted to see what the CGN sponsor was all about. For the first time I clicked the link and took a look at their website. And to my joy I see a civilian SAT range... that uses real guns, any guns... MY GUNS! and even better, its public!

So that leaves me with a few questions about it.

First off, what is the cost? I pass through Calgary a few times a year and I would like to know how much cash to have on hand if I want to go shoot for an hour or two.

Secondly, what ranges can it simulate out to? Can you practise taking shots at 100M? 300m? 1000m?
    And too that end, at what degree of acuracy can this range pick up rounds? if you punch holes through the same spot will it pick up the keyhole as a hit or an error?

And lastly, how long in advance do you have to book the range?

What he said. ^

I'm interested too.
    Thanks Norinco, this operator will enjoy "a better annihilating firepower".

CGN Regular
    delete

Thats not even close to the same. big rush does miles gear (out of date, CF uses the newer "West" gear now...same pile different ####) and fake gun SAT range.

The Shooting Center is amazing because you use your guns and live ammo.

CGN Regular
    yeah missed that part, that's why I deleted it two seconds later

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Well, there are lots of questions there, so I'll try my best to answer.

The range is rented out in its entirety in 15 minute blocks, it is not billed per shooter. Each block is $60. Generally two shooters can do enough shooting in one block that rifles are too hot to touch as the range is dynamic and there is no down time for target scoring, patching or resetting.
    There are currently several hundred scenarios and we are working on more all the time. Skill development scenarios include, multiple targets, snap shooting, moving targets and combinations of these.
    The system does not simulate range other than by scaling the target. It is more for development of dynamic shooting skills. There are a few static scenarios that can be used for precision shooting, and the resolution is about 1mm. thus it is possible to put two rounds through the same hole and not have the second shot register.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    http://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    That looks awesome!
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

so let me hammer out some math here

using the worm rule 30cm (1 foot) at 500m is X mils. (.30 X 1000)/X = 500m
    so 300/X=500
    300= (500)X
    300/500= X
    X=.6 mil

so with Y equaling the scaled target hieght
    (y X 1000)/.6 =25
    25 X .6 =Y x 1000
    15= Y x 1000
    15/1000 = y
    .015 = Y
    .015M or 1.5cm

So this range could in theory simulate a 30 cm gong at 500m with an actual hit box of 1.5cm
    so each gong could take 2 or 3 hits before failing to register
    So with a dynamic range practise with pop up 30cm gongs that fall when hit you could run a range with targets out to 500m (simulated)

Am I correct in this thinking?

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Correct.
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    http://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast