Page 1 of 57 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Plans for a .308 AR? MAJOR UPDATE MAY 8 2014

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar

Any Plans for a .308 AR? MAJOR UPDATE MAY 8 2014

Are their any plans for ATRS to produce a .308 AR? From what I gather your AT-15 is one of the best AR's in the country (and an AT-15 upper/lower combo will probably be my second AR) , so I would imagine a ATRS ,308 AR would rival the KAC offerings on quality and accuracy.

Thanks.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

I might get an AR in the future, and my vendor of choice would be ATRS if they offered a .308 version.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    We have been entertaining the idea for some time. Once we regain our bolt action production, a larger caliber AR style firearm may become reality, but probably not until later next year however.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

It really pays to spend some time reading. I was just about to send a email,asking the same.
    Keep me posted if this becomes a reality, its along the same time line I have set for a future ar-308 purchase.

Funny you ask since the AR (Armalite) platform was originally designed in 7.62 nato but USA wanted it scaled down to 5.56 ,history has a way of coming full circle eh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    I do believe there is an M-16 in 308 cal. If there is an M-16 based on a 308 frame I am sure you can get an AR-15 variant. I seem to remember this rifle being featured on Shooting USA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnester View Post
    I do believe there is an M-16 in 308 cal. If there is an M-16 based on a 308 frame I am sure you can get an AR-15 variant. I seem to remember this rifle being featured on Shooting USA.
    Plenty on the market, AR-10, SR-25, R-25 just to name a few

Something tune to ATRS standard will be awesome!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Tough call, as a number of 308 AR's have already made their way up here. So it might be hard to be price competitive. However, if you can do a Canuck equivalent to Les Bauer's 308s' (he has an accuracy guarantee), at a comparable price, then you should do well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    Tough call, as a number of 308 AR's have already made their way up here. So it might be hard to be price competitive. However, if you can do a Canuck equivalent to Les Bauer's 308s' (he has an accuracy guarantee), at a comparable price, then you should do well
    I would pay a little extra for a high quality .308 AR upper/lower set or complete rifle that is Canadian made.

I also like the fact that if I ever have issues, I could sent the rifle to the actual manufacturer for repair/servicing.

Also, the ATRS AT-15 upper/lower set's look pretty sweet and I would gather a .308 version woul look similar (just bigger).
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

I am very aware of the 308 AR's, I am very familliar with the AR-10, and will be looking towards Armalite, RRA, DPMS or POF, if ATRS doesn't come out with their own modle. I would prefer to keep my money in Canada, if the accuracy is there.

As far a XCR-M, I will wait to see what bugs come up, aswell as if a heavy barrel varient becomes available, wont even consider it until I see consisten sub MOA groups being produced.

Page 1 of 57 1234567891121 ... LastLast