Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3747495051525354555657

Thread: Any Plans for a .308 AR? MAJOR UPDATE MAY 8 2014

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Thanks for replies, ATRS. I'm sure you would put something up if you were already had it (there is no obvious reason to hold back). So you're/it's not ready yet... I get that. But, would it be reasonable to ask for an e.t.a.? End of the month? Hallowe'en? Before christmas?

Thanks.
    As previously stated, we are hoping to have production of these either late 2014 or early 2015. Obviously the sooner would be better as we have a HUGE investment in this gun and it would really be nice to start and recoup the investment in it as I am getting tired of Kraft dinner and would love to get used to eating steak n spuds again.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    As previously stated, we are hoping to have production of these either late 2014 or early 2015. Obviously the sooner would be better as we have a HUGE investment in this gun and it would really be nice to start and recoup the investment in it as I am getting tired of Kraft dinner and would love to get used to eating steak n spuds again.
    Actually, I was just referring to a picture, (the immediate topic at hand). I do recall you mentioning production dates (though it is a looong thread, and has been somewhat dormant of late). The hope is (I think) that perhaps you would have a prototype or mock-up that would be both presentable enough to photograph, as well as being a reasonable facsimilie, (if not identical) to the actual rifle you'll be producing.

Basically stated, you have many people yearning for just a picture, so perhaps you post one (when you can) to 'whet their appetites'? That is what I was asking an e.t.a. for.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Actually, I was just referring to a picture, (the immediate topic at hand). I do recall you mentioning production dates (though it is a looong thread, and has been somewhat dormant of late). The hope is (I think) that perhaps you would have a prototype or mock-up that would be both presentable enough to photograph, as well as being a reasonable facsimilie, (if not identical) to the actual rifle you'll be producing.

Basically stated, you have many people yearning for just a picture, so perhaps you post one (when you can) to 'whet their appetites'? That is what I was asking an e.t.a. for.

Thanks again
    Sorry I mis-understood. It has been a few sleepless nights of late.

I would think it will be still at least a few months until we have anything that we are comfortable with taking a photo of. We still have to write programs for the final parts, then make fixtures to hold the parts while being made, all of which takes a significant amount of time.
    The other issues are.
    That all the time we are writing programs, making fixtures etc, we also need to keep up with the current workflow in order to still pay the everyday bills.
    Once photos are released we open the door to the competition to use what we have spent years getting approved and as we have experienced first hand this exact scenario are reluctant to give our competitors any advantage at all.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

well you can count me in for one of these to help recoup the cost!And now that you guys are doing financing,i think you'll see your sales take a big leap!
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Sorry I mis-understood. It has been a few sleepless nights of late.

I would think it will be still at least a few months until we have anything that we are comfortable with taking a photo of. We still have to write programs for the final parts, then make fixtures to hold the parts while being made, all of which takes a significant amount of time.
    The other issues are.
    That all the time we are writing programs, making fixtures etc, we also need to keep up with the current workflow in order to still pay the everyday bills.
    Once photos are released we open the door to the competition to use what we have spent years getting approved and as we have experienced first hand this exact scenario are reluctant to give our competitors any advantage at all.

I completely agree. You are right to wait as long as you are comfortable. If you release an early photo and change something, there'll be a whole other lineup of plaintiffs who broadcast "that's not what they paid for"... Speaking of your other workflow, I think I'll pick something up in the meantime and help pay your rent

Tagged

Should have the CAD drawing up and posted in the next day or 2.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Good to hear since I've already started a savings account for this. It will be good to get some positive reinforcement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Great! Looking forward to the lively discourse.

And now for the updates as promised. http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...n-Hunter-Rifle