Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Plans for a .308 AR? MAJOR UPDATE MAY 8 2014

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Well Just got off the phone with Bill Etter. Looks like another 6 to 8 weeks before we get a verdict.
    Somehow they are very busy at the RCMP lab of late
    Hmmm... Hard-working elves at the RCMP Labs.

And here I thought they'd be all worn out and taking a well-earned break after their last "banning-spree". I never knew exactly what the term "No rest for the wicked." meant, but now I think I finally get it.

That plywood stock must have rotted out in the time the RCMP has been looking at this..

Well Just got off the phone with Bill Etter. Looks like another 6 to 8 weeks before we get a verdict.
    They're not busy, it is going to take another 6-8 weeks of screwing around with paper clips and popsicle sticks to make it fire 2 rounds with one squeeze on the trigger.
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

Would you be willing to offer a "match" grade two-stage trigger as an option? Something that could adjust down to around 2 pounds on the second stage would fit this rifle perfectly IMO. I'd be willing to pay quite a bit extra just for that.

The following are the thoughts of someone who knows nothing about rifle design or engineering, you have been warned:

Regarding the takedown, how about pins that thread into the lower and upper receiver? It would eliminate one of those scary military features for the RCMP but it would still be a quick and easy process to strip the rifle. It could also have the benefit of being a tighter and more consistent connection between the upper and lower resulting in better accuracy(?).

Just thinking out loud, most of this stuff is probably finalized anyway since the RCMP has one to test.

Really looking forward to your next update. Hope all goes well! I would love to have semi NR .308 AT Rifle.

Bumpp.

Woohoo getting close, excited for the update.
    We are defined by our actions-

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    GREAT NEWS!!
    Our semi auto 308 that we call the Modern Hunter has been deemed NON RESTRICTED

Now before we get deluged with all of the how much $$, when is it available and all the other million questions, let me be very clear. We sent in a "prototype". Now we need to refine it and test the hell out of it so that we know we can supply a reliable and accurate rifle. We do NOT want a rerun of what was seen in the early offerings of a competitors rifle.
    Realistically IF we had them available for sale late this year I would be amazed, we figure 2015 will be the year that these actually become available, which is really not that far away as we are already nearly 1/2 through May. Good God where did 2014 go?

What I can tell you is this rifle will accept most AR10 furniture and uses either 308 P Mags or the newer style AR10 mags.
    It employs direct gas impingement and is side charging similar to the FN FAL. The trigger is single stage match style only.

We will not have the prototype back from Ottawa for a couple of weeks, so please don't ask for photos, I will post some once we have the prototype back, just so folks can get an idea of what we are making.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I send my CC numbers where?

:D :D

Outstanding news. Can't wait to see pictures of the prototype.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Nice... I can start saving now
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"