Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dealings With Rick and ATRS

My Dealings With Rick and ATRS

So just some back ground info, im 39 years old, and have never owend a gun before but did hunt with my father when I was a teenager. I just recently bought a Savage 338 Ba 110 and have never shot percision or reloaded before. I heard about rick and called him for advice and help. This is before I bought a thing from him He helped me out and seemed to know what he was talking about. I bought all my reloading supplies, bi pod, scope etc from Rick. Could I have gotten things cheaper on the net? Sure but I can't phone up a guy from Ebay whenever I run into a problem. During the past 6 months I have phoned Rick countless times, and he has always made time for me and given me sound advice and direction. Then last week I had a problem with an item I bought off him (a non ATRS item), and drove down to see him about it. The help he gave me and his service were above what I had even hoped and I ended up walking away totaly satisifed and happy. No arguing or nothing just this is whats wrong, and I was offered several avenues and one worked out perfect for me Thanks again Rick and you well be seeing even more of my buisness in the future (but don't tell my wife)

P.S I got my first chance the very next day to shoot out past 500 yards and made several hits on gongs out to 1050 yards. Thanks Rick without your help I would have missed this chance

It's really great to finally hear positive things about the people who go great lengths to service thier clients. As of late there has been a little too much of dealer bashing with little or no reason. It's just nice to be reminded as to why this is such a great and tight community. I tip my hat off to you Rick, congrats!!

Yep, he has always been helpful and friendly when I go in as well. Nothing but good to say.
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

CGN Regular
    Revolution, my story was similar... Pre-ATRS I had plenty of prior shooting experience but had never reloaded and was never big into precision. One day I decided I wanted a nice long range precision rig, the best money could buy. I honestly don't remember how I stumbled across ATRS, but I ended up with their number and gave them a call. The questions I had were very vague and dumb, what caliber, would I be better off buying this platform and going this way, etc... I spent a long time on the phone with them and never had any indication of just how busy they really were until my first visit in person. Anyway, now I am a precision junkie - I push everything I have to the accuracy limit, even rifles which were never meant to be accurate.

What really sold me was the time they spent with me and the fact that I felt like I was being welcomed into a new sport rather than being made to feel inadequate as other shops have done to me. As far as rifles go, there are cheaper options out there, but anything you pick up from ATRS will not likely be upgraded because you found something better.

I also give them first crack at selling me components and the like. If you buy a box of bullets or a lb of powder at ATRS you stand a good chance of coming out of the store having learned something new. You might save $1.42 at WSS, but it will require putting up with a half hour wait in line and a "we are doing you a big favor so be thankful" attitude - you are also most likely to leave the counter feeling that you have lost some of your brain cells for good.

What he said X2

I have had several similar experiences at ATRS. Not only are Rick and Dustin some of the nicest folk you will meet, but they top notch guys to deal with and very knowledgeable in their trade. They will make sure that you are taken care of, and that is something that is not common these days. I will continue to keep my business local at ATRS as much as possible.
    Thanks guys!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Ive been drooling over a couple of the rifles 4 sale

After hearing all the good stuff guess I will have to spend the money at ATRS...

Now if only that damn pal would get here ....:D
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Rick is a good egg. I was recommended to him by a friend, and I called him looking for a JAE stock. He held the last he had for me, on the sole dropping of our mutual friends name. I was initially disappointed that the last one he had was in Coyote Brown and not Swat Black. Rick said that wasn't a problem at all, cuz he knew a guy that would custom coat it for $100. My stock arrived a few days later, in Swat Black. The rest is history. Big ups to Rick.
    Red Dragons!

CGN Regular
    Rick the guru, Always very helpful and informative, keep up the good work Rick

CGN frequent flyer BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    I'm trying to learn the art of the precision rifle and I appreciate CGN member revolution, taking the time to praise ATRS. I know where I'll be going when I have the funds for a long range shooting set up.

Whenever I deal with a gun business and get great service, I make sure to praise them on CGN too. Just doing my part to help all the newbies like me get the best start, good job ATRS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast