Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Type 88 Sniper

BANNED
    Yes, I really appreciate this company bringing in so many cool guns to Canada but that is pretty steep.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    We would love to be able to sell these at 1 or 2k, but unfortunately it is a very expensive rifle for us to buy in the first place. Our margins on this rifle are less than most of the other products we sell.

The Type 88 Sniper is mil-spec, accurized and does come with a scope, mount, adjustable bi-pod and 3 mags already. These all contribute to a higher cost at the end of the day.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We would love to be able to sell these at 1 or 2k, but unfortunately it is a very expensive rifle for us to buy in the first place. Our margins on this rifle are less than most of the other products we sell.

The Type 88 Sniper is mil-spec, accurized and does come with a scope, mount, adjustable bi-pod and 3 mags already. These all contribute to a higher cost at the end of the day.
    No offence, but I think giving a 1913 rail instead of scope,bipod etc would be a better choice.
    $3k one can purchase Swiss Arms, FS2000, Tavor, High end AR. I hate to say but given Norinco's reputation (affordable pricing at quality's expense)
    few people is going to take it.

Espeically given the Type 97 Fiasco, I'm not sure if T88 uses the same design as QBZ95 and T97, but regardless its a gun that could potentially be classify as variant of T97 thus prohib.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Clobbersauras's Avatar
    I'm shaking my head at this thread...."It's Chinese so it should be inexpensive"....LMAO.

The price will be what it will be.

Here's a pic of the scope mount. It doesn't look at all like the T97 mount. It looks decent, there is a rather large "recoil lug" for the scope to nestle into under recoil. It looks like it would be fairly straight-forward to design a 1913 rail for it if someone wanted to.

------------------------------
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco

I think the 3k price is justifiable if glass it comes with is decent quality and there is a sub MOA gaurantee. Would be nice if it comes with a Picatinny mount also.

But I am not sure about the design of the bipod, it looks like there will be zero shift.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    I'm shaking my head at this thread...."It's Chinese so it should be inexpensive"....LMAO.
    Seriously... Not everything the Chinese make is of poor quality.

At least wait for the reviews to start trickling-in before you whine about the quality/price ratio.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

BANNED
    Does it require the stock to be on to go bang?

CGN Regular
    Looks like Norinco has a new flagship model. Would be interesting to see a hands on/range test.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Would love one of these. But the price is more than Im willing to pay at this time.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by yingtsay View Post
    No offence, but I think giving a 1913 rail instead of scope,bipod etc would be a better choice.
    $3k one can purchase Swiss Arms, FS2000, Tavor, High end AR. I hate to say but given Norinco's reputation (affordable pricing at quality's expense)
    few people is going to take it.

Espeically given the Type 97 Fiasco, I'm not sure if T88 uses the same design as QBZ95 and T97, but regardless its a gun that could potentially be classify as variant of T97 thus prohib.
    ^^ This equals stupid and wrong. For one, the Type 97 is not a variant of anything prohibited, it was prohib because it supposedly could be converted to full auto easily, so the variant rule has absolutely no connection to this case.