Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i buy from marstar...

BANNED

How do i buy from marstar...

I cant remember when I have used marstars website for more than a ooo or ahhhh BECAUSE NOTHING IS EVER IN STOCK. How come this is always an issue with you guys but no-one else? That being said you have alot of items no-one else has +1. It would be nice if I could give you my money however; do you think it would be possible for Marstar to not under estimate consumer demand and keep a stock on popular items .... When will the short FSN rifles be instock?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harley1973 View Post
    I cant remember when I have used marstars website for more than a ooo or ahhhh BECAUSE NOTHING IS EVER IN STOCK. How come this is always an issue with you guys but no-one else? That being said you have alot of items no-one else has +1. It would be nice if I could give you my money however; do you think it would be possible for Marstar to not under estimate consumer demand and keep a stock on popular items .... When will the short FSN rifles be instock?
    You wouldn't be too happy with CanadaAmmo either.

CGN frequent flyer 1300_stainless's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harley1973 View Post
    I don't think the problem is an under estimate of demand. A lot of Marstar's products come over on the slow boat, in small quantities. They get what they can, when they can, and it sells fast. You're correct, they do have things no one else has, probably because it's a lot of work to procure them and other vendors don't bother. At least they are trying.
    My bling bling goes bang bang

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    x2

Marstar is heavily into the surplus business. Stuff comes and goes pretty fast and the website shows the status of these items. I've been watching the site for several years looking for some items and they never seem to be in stock either. Its simply the nature of the surplus business, be it good or bad. They don't make most of these items anymore, some are very difficult to find.

Call it what you will, but there are not a lot of companies in Canada doing this anymore. Importing firearms, firearm accessories, and ammunition comes with a mountain of paperwork, not to mention having to scour the world looking for inventory in forgotten and dilapidated warehouses. Then to have hundreds of thousands of dollars sit offshore until the import permits are approved. There are only a small handful of companies in Canada still in this business.

It ain't a perfect world, but no one else is doing it.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !

You have to be quick to buy from them. The good stuff goes fast when they get it in!!
    CSSA Member
    NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bear.23's Avatar
    Is this another whining thread??? Guess nobody saw where John has said they are working on something...
    Tired, Old, Sore & Cranky... What else is new..

It's people that do not understand the schemes in the firearms business.

It would be weird if there's a endless supply of Lugers for example.
    Member of NFA

I do believe they're working on a new website that is supposed to be more customer friendly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    I check their site if something is in stock i buy it if not i go Epps or Prairie Guns or Ammosource or Wantsall and somebody always have it , i buy where i find... Cheers. JP.

If you took the time to read some of the other posts in this forum you would see that John has addressed these issues. IMHO an internet firearms business would be extremely tough to run considering the uncertainty of the surplus / import business.

That being said, I am sure that I wouldn't want any business from some noob who has a negative trader rating and the arrogance to flame a CGN sponsor in open forums.

Pretty tasteless MR -1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast