Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your camo story for a chance to win a $100 Cobra Imaging GC

CGN Regular

Tell me your camo story for a chance to win a $100 Cobra Imaging GC

So we started a new website/blog to help promote water transfer printing in the firearm community. The idea behind the site is to reach out to those that have not heard and do not know about the process and its capabilities for putting camouflage and other unique patterns onto firearms.

The one component of the site is the blog and this is where I need some help. I am looking for stories and ideas to put up on the blog that deal with camouflaging firearms, are about camouflage, where camouflage has work where it has not etc. funny stories, informative stories etc. The stories do not have to be about camouflage with water transfer printing. The biggest component is that they have to be either informative or entertaining and deal with firearms and camouflage.

As I have never done this before I am hoping that this exercise will be positive and successful. So for everyone who provides a story or positive idea from now until July 18 your name will be entered (one entry per name) into a draw for a $100 gift certificate from Cobra Imaging. I will post the winning name in this thread on July 19th.

You can check out the new site www.camorifle.########.com

So we had some unknown technical issues around posting to this thread that we have now resolved. Thank you to Jeeptag for bringing it to our attention. For those of you that tried to post I apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to try again. Because of this issue I will be extending the deadline for posting by to July 25th but will also now draw two names for a $100 Cobra Imaging GC and will post the winners here on July 26th.

Thank you all I appreciate your help
    Last edited by CobraImaging; 07-16-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: correction

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Drillbit's Avatar
    I have a camo story for you.

I have a SBE II that's black. I wanted another barrel for it, and the only one I could find was camo. I thought "No problem, it should be easy to get the camo off." Man was I wrong. I tried everything I could think off and tried every idea I heard of and the camo finish never even faded. Decided to leave the barrel alone and camo the rest of the gun!

CGN Regular
    5 days left and we have 1 story. Come on guys I know you have some great stories and suggestions. Drillbit thank you for your submission, your odds are looking very good

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Actually this looks really cool. Keep promoting it for the next few days!

Quote Originally Posted by CobraImaging View Post
    So we started a new website/blog to help promote water transfer printing in the firearm community. The idea behind the site is to reach out to those that have not heard and do not know about the process and its capabilities for putting camouflage and other unique patterns onto firearms.

The one component of the site is the blog and this is where I need some help. I am looking for stories and ideas to put up on the blog that deal with camouflaging firearms, are about camouflage, where camouflage has work where it has not etc. funny stories, informative stories etc. The stories do not have to be about camouflage with water transfer printing. The biggest component is that they have to be either informative or entertaining and deal with firearms and camouflage.

As I have never done this before I am hoping that this exercise will be positive and successful. So for everyone who provides a story or positive idea from now until July 18 your name will be entered (one entry per name) into a draw for a $100 gift certificate from Cobra Imaging. I will post the winning name in this thread on July 19th.

You can check out the new site www.camorifle.########.com

Thank you all I appreciate your help
    Ive used camo most of my life. different patterns but all seem tp work . Had a cow moose almost walk over me because she didnt see me .white tail deer come rite up to me and sniff me couldnt figure me out . put my wife on big log pile couldnt see her in about 20 ft away.even a peace of old green taro has worked in the rite spot.duck hunting useing camo face mask makes all the difference. IN ALL CAMO MAKES YOU PART OF ENVIROMENT AND YOU SEEM TO HUNT BETTER WITH THIS ATTITUDE.THANKS IS MY BLOG

BANNED
    Wish I could blog but I need to be gmail or some other wierd links. Maybe thats why only 1 person has done it so far.
    Although it is 1 nice blog site you got set-up.

CGN Regular

Value of Camouflage

October 2009 I had one of the coolest experiences I have ever had hunting!

I set up in the long grass on the edge of a field with my back up against a tree and the wind in my face hoping to catch a deer on their way to drink from a river close by. In the past I have seen deer walk past this spot about 15 yards out in the field and figured it was to avoid coyotes hiding in the long grass, which broadside would make for a great shot opportunity.

As the sun rose I sat with my crossbow at the ready resting on a y stick and tucked into my shoulder I watched 2 raccoons walk by right where I had seen the deer pass years before and was hopeful deer would soon follow. A few minutes later I heard a rustle in the grass on my right side between me and the river, then another so I got ready and froze.

Suddenly the head of a small buck appeared walking in the grass fringe I was sitting in at about 4 yards. He continued to walk up towards me, my heart started to pound and I began to shake a bit. At 2 yards he clued in that maybe I wasn’t just a bush (probably the shaking, or the deep breaths) and looked directly at me. For the next probably 2 minutes he bobbed his head around up and down side to side looking at me, experience has taught me if he makes eye contact or if I try to move my crossbow he will bolt. So, I stayed as still as possible only moving my head enough to keep the brim of my hat or my scope between his eyes and mine.

At some point during this game of cat and mouse I regained my composure, stopped shaking and slowed my heart rate, but then he took another few steps forwards actually looking right down the barrel of my scope at me. The distance between his head and the front of my scope about 2 feet. Again my heart sped up, I started to twitch thinking I may get a shot at less than a yard if he takes another step or two. Not too sure what tipped him off (probably saw my eye through the scope) but he slowly raised his tail to level with the ground and turned 180 degrees and walked back the way he came looking over his shoulder at me. I remained still and waited. He continued walking until he was about 5 yards away then started to loop back out into the field in front of me, never taking his eyes off of me.

As he got close to directly broadside he started stamping a front foot, taking a few steps and stamping his foot again. Finally, he stamped right into my crosshairs at 8 yards so I let a bolt fly and watched the lumenok appear and disappear in an instant!

He turned and ran back in the direction he came from, just out of sight I heard him crash.

My buddy was hunting about 300 yards away so I just settled in and waited a few hours so I wouldn’t screw up any opportunities he might have. Finally I took up the blood trail and found him just over 100 yards away half way down the ridge toward the river where I would guess he came from.

I like to bow hunt at eye level and if it wasn't for good camouflage everywhere including my equipment, along with hunting the wind my close encounter never would have happened.

I like the way it looks at the camera lol

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

east of the rockies and west of the rest, south of the money , in the middle of the best.
    I was at a gun show not long ago , and seen a booth for dura-coat camo paint for guns, i thought to myself thats a great way to restore a few of the oldies i have that need a face lift.

but when i went to the booth i found too very hot, very charismatic girls selling it, as i was picking up paint i was doing my best to pick up a little more, long story short all i got was three cans of paint, and the next day when i looked in the bag , three cans of white!!! not very good camo, but not a bad story.

when i was in scouting i always wore my camo jacket. When i got into grade 10 i out grew my favorite coat, not wanting to get rid of it I was in home-ec class I turned it into a vest by cutting off the sleeves and opening the seams and sewing the sleeves in the side of the vest making a bigger vest. that i still wear to this day. Also at the Huntington's trapshoot every year.
    it is the same camo pattern as jeeptags camo.
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast