Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Connaught range in Ottawa

Connaught range in Ottawa

I have heard about Connaught range in Ottawa. I am interested in going and checking it out but I cant find their address or hours or a contact name and number. Does anybody know how you join their range and where it is or who I can contact?

Thanks

It's a Canadian Forces (Military) Range. You have to sign up for the Canadian Forces to join....
    This ain't dress rehersal, it's the life you get to live, make it a good one.

"Pro Patria"

A.F. & A.M.

National Capitol Region Rifle Association (NCRRA)

http://www.ncrra.ca/index.php?page=contact

613-596-6863

Super Moderator
    Drive west on Carling, turn north on Range Road, turn west into the base. Observe the speed limit.
    Impressive facility.
    Contact NCRRA, go for a visit when they are shooting.

Good luck. I sent my membership form and payment over two months ago, still haven't received anything back from them. I used their "Contact us" feature to get an update from the NCRRA web site 3 times, never got a reply. I called every number I could find from the site, membership forms, canada 411, etc... Left numerous msgs, never got a call back. I have no idea how to reach these guys other than driving to the range.

Pm me

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by reloader338 View Post
    Good luck. I sent my membership form and payment over two months ago, still haven't received anything back from them. I used their "Contact us" feature to get an update from the NCRRA web site 3 times, never got a reply. I called every number I could find from the site, membership forms, canada 411, etc... Left numerous msgs, never got a call back. I have no idea how to reach these guys other than driving to the range.
    Sounds like 'old boys club' behaviour to me.
    Except for decadude, of course.

When I took my hunters saftey course at the R.A center a couple months ago the gentelmen that was teaching it happened to be the same guy I took my PAL course with years ago, and he told us that the connaught range was now open to civilians on Wed evenings, he aslo said you don't need a rifle you could use the ranges rifles and free ammo even if you bring your own rifle, only .308. I haven't looked into it yet but this person has been a part of the shooting and hunting community in ottawa for many many years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    It's primarily a military range, but as stated the NCRRA runs out of there, with precision (F-class) rifle, pistol, skeet/trap, and Service/CQB (I think... or is that the ORA?)

The only problem I have with Connaught (at least from what I understand), is that it's not an "open" range. You can't go there on your day off, or go after work and just shoot. It's scheduled and organized, much like the RA Centre. If you want to shoot F-class, it is "only" during these hours, on these days. Same with the other disciplines.

If you want a nearby range that is generally available anytime, look to EOHC, or Stittsville (a commercial operation, not a Club), or Grenville (though they are anti-guest, and making life more difficult for even their own shooters). Smith Falls was not accepting new members, last I checked.

anyone have any more info about this range I was at stittsville today but would like somewhere to go to practise a bit further ? what are there prices ? membership mandatory ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast