Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BDX 9 and 40

Their facility, their range guns, their ammo, their policies. I would venture to say its all about reduced liabilities and safety. I have no problem with it. I wouldnt want some yahoo putting surplus 9mm SMG ammo or something that was unknown thru my handgun. Even retail stuff on the shelf is fine as we would all assume but the policy of only designated range ammo thru range guns is there for a reason.
    dB
    'The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

Quote Originally Posted by bobfre1 View Post
    Thanks Justin.

Just curious....
    I understand that for safety reasons, you need to control the type of ammunition that is fired in your guns. But limiting range guns to range ammo ( at over twice the price ) suggests that either the range ammo is more than twice as good, or twice as safe as the stuff that you sell off the shelf.
    That can't really be true is it?
    What am I missing?
    You're buying more than the ammo. You're chipping in for maintenance and replacement of the guns for when they break.

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfre1 View Post
    Thanks Justin.

Just curious....
    I understand that for safety reasons, you need to control the type of ammunition that is fired in your guns. But limiting range guns to range ammo ( at over twice the price ) suggests that either the range ammo is more than twice as good, or twice as safe as the stuff that you sell off the shelf.
    That can't really be true is it?
    What am I missing?
    A large part of it is the control aspect; As much as I'd like to trust every person with a PAL's, I've seen plenty of people that have no idea what their guns are chambered in, confusing .38ACP with .38Super, .22 with .223, etc.

It also helps offset the cost of the range guns themselves.
    The ability to just drop in with your PAL, and being able to fire a dozen different handguns in a day is pretty unique, and we'd like to keep this available. One of the best ways to shop for a hand gun is to shoot one.

I hadn't realized that the range ammo was used to cover some of the overhead. Makes sense. Thanks guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123