Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which range in KW area?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    Wow, this is some fascinating information; I grew up around there.

Yep, the range where I'm at is in a mch better situation all around ($100 membership, all-access, 200 yd multipurpose range, pistol range, archery range, trap and skeet range, clubhouse, rangehouse, lots of parking, daypasses for your friends (10$), residential caretaker, no waiting on the membership, no background check) but one thing that locals ##### about are the rules. It's known derisorily as 'that range with all the rules'; well I'll tell ya...

All other ranges are far away or all booked up. The amenities a quite good for the price, so this I'll keep in mind when I hear someone bitching about all the rules at my Association, aka the Malahat.

(one of these 'problematic' rules is no more than 3 shots a second; what's the problem with that, really?)
    bullets, powder, primers, and case lots of CCI Blazer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    (just had to back out there and review my post; love these iPhones, but posting can be trying...!)

Again, wow. I feel for you folks in the KW area. Good luck on the Galt membership's efforts to lift the cap some.
    Last edited by Kayser Sose; 08-01-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Forgot one word
    bullets, powder, primers, and case lots of CCI Blazer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " one of these 'problematic' rules is no more than 3 shots a second; what's the problem with that, really? "

Todd Jarrett would have trouble firing three shots in one second.

Are you sure it's not "no more than one shot in three seconds"?

Colby is your best bet, as long as you understand it is indoors only.

Safe and well organized club, minimum fuss, and excellent management without drama.

I live somewhere between Bridgeport Rod & Gun Club and Elmira Gun Club

Which is better for rifle / shotgun? Not interested in handguns really, I am just getting my license and looking where to join.

There is also the Guelph Rod & Gun Club; Google for the website.

"You show me a squirrel in a pine tree and I'll show you a happy moose"
    Chief Crazy Eagle; F Troop

There is nothing as tragic as seeing a family being pulled apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

anyone knows anything about the range on bleams rd its like 5 km west from sunrise centre. any membership info please . thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlath View Post
    The decision to Cap the membership of the rifle section was strictly Rifle Section's prerogative. The cap costs the main club money. I have heard that cap may be lifted which is a good thing as a cap is a STUPID idea IMHO.
    I've looked at this range as well - for many years I've gone to the site and every time it says "Rifle Range - No new members being accepted" - so I move on.

It's unfortunate as it is closer to my house then the one I currently go to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRTN308 View Post
    In my experience, the waiting list is only about 3 months or less once one actually joins Galt. The club makes every effort to accommodate any paying member who wishes to jon the section. It just doesn't happen over night. To the best of my knowledge, every paying member who has been put on the "member's waiting list" is in the section in very short order.

Note there is a diffence between the members waiting list and non-members waiting list, with priority being given to getting members into the section.

Want to get into the section? Join the club, enjoy some shotgun for a little bit, and you'll be shooting your rifle before you go through two flats of shotgun shells.
    But why join only to have to wait months....or perhaps years (and pay membership year after year) to use these facilities?

You missed the Twin Cities Rifle Club north of New Hamburg. They have a nice 300 metre range and an active brenchrest group. A number of my smallbore target rifle friends are members there, too.

Jason

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast