Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    I have two things for my workshop, I friggin lock on the door, and a radio I can turn up to filter her banging on the door. I tell her if she has an emergency to call my cell phone.
    That's an idea....Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    does a G36 forearm fit? do the BDM drums fit?
    u can try it in my. Apparnetly a G36 scope handle fits.

and answer to ozzy. Without the cover, it will work in an SR22 and i have tried it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soli View Post
    Just a regular screwdriver, a few allen keys (I think that's what they're called) and some love. :D
    You may need a hammer and brass punch to get the sights off the original standard factory barrel. That what I used and they came off quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    You may need a hammer and brass punch to get the sights off the original standard factory barrel. That what I used and they came off quite easily.
    Oops, forgot about that part.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Yeah forgot about that.

Actually, I didn't have the lubricant necessary to ease the sights out, so I went to a local shop to get that portion done.
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet lima
    I don't understand.
    Clearly, he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    Thats how i do it, never used lubricant.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

After pounding on the front and rear sights for almost an hour with a hammer and punch I finally gave up and had to cut both sights in order to get them out.

Quote Originally Posted by officerdown View Post
    After pounding on the front and rear sights for almost an hour with a hammer and punch I finally gave up and had to cut both sights in order to get them out.
    Same here. Was afraid I was going to bend the barrel by wailing on it with the hammer. No way those sights were budging.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by officerdown View Post
    They have to be pushed out towards the right. If you try to push them out to the left they'll never come out. They are tappered to fit tight.
    Last edited by Courtntan; 07-25-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Edited due to directional dislexia. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Courtntan View Post
    They have to be pushed out towards the left. If you try to push them out to the right they'll never come out. They are tappered to fit tight.
    Uhhhh... I think you've got that backwards, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

All references on the web indicate to drift the sights out from left side to right side. In other words, lay the rifle down so that the eject port is facing down and using a (preferably brass) punch, tap on the left side of the sight dovetails to remove them (left=loose, right=tight same as for screw threads).

Trying to pound it out from the right side (eject port side) will wedge it tighter into the dovetail slot.