Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt B'tard View Post
    Uhhhh... I think you've got that backwards, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

All references on the web indicate to drift the sights out from left side to right side. In other words, lay the rifle down so that the eject port is facing down and using a (preferably brass) punch, tap on the left side of the sight dovetails to remove them (left=loose, right=tight same as for screw threads).

Trying to pound it out from the right side (eject port side) will wedge it tighter into the dovetail slot.
    Exactly, i lay the barrel on a 2x4 & let the front sight hang over, then with a brass punch i drift from the left side( as you are holding the gun to your shoulder) to the right. Be careful with the rear sight, get on the base as the leafs are very fragile.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt B'tard View Post
    Uhhhh... I think you've got that backwards, unless I'm misunderstanding you?

All references on the web indicate to drift the sights out from left side to right side. In other words, lay the rifle down so that the eject port is facing down and using a (preferably brass) punch, tap on the left side of the sight dovetails to remove them (left=loose, right=tight same as for screw threads).

Trying to pound it out from the right side (eject port side) will wedge it tighter into the dovetail slot.
    Oops, ya I got that reversed to what I wanted to write, trying to post at work. :D Yes hit it towards the ejection port. Now i better edit the first post, so to not lead anyone in the wrong direction.....

My first attempt at a tacical 22. Thanks again Dave!!

Last edited by BennyTRD; 07-29-2011 at 12:22 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    Anyone mount a scope on it yet, if so what size rings did you use to get over the rear sight assembly?

i used a cantolever red/green dot sight,$58. it allows the open sights or electronic sight. Works well, so does the folding bipod grip in the pic. I have tried lots of stuff on mine.

High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    I had my spark on it but wanted something with a bit more magnification so I tried to mount a nxstar 6x scope bit the low rings don't work very well, so I guess I need mediums. Before I spend more money I would like to see a pic of a scope on tue rifle to see if I like the look.

Range Report!!!!! :D

Put my marauder 10/22 together on tuesday night and made it out to the range today. 250 rounds of american eagle through it and only 1 FTF and was ammo related cuz it fired after the second pull of trigger. marauder magazine performed flawlessly, but i noticed that you do have to make sure the magazine is properly seated and secured in the rifle. I do have to say that this kit really makes my 10/22 alot of fun to shoot! But i also now realize that the kit also now makes the 10/22 more difficult to clean
    Has anyone put a mugpul AFG on there marauder kit yet? was wondering what that would look like.

A BIG THANKS to Dave at Hical making these kits available.

Range report here too!!

250 rounds down range today. Had alot of misfeeds, but I suspect mostly due to the CCI Blazers I was using. About 15% would FTF at the begining of each magazine, but after there were a few shots out it worked fine. Both the stock Mag and Butler Creek Steel lips were doing it. So I Picked up some American Eagle, Winchester, and Remington rounds to try out next time I hit the range.

This is a brand new 10/22 and the mags are all brand new too. I think a few more rounds should break everything in and hopefully yeild some better results. Lots of fun to shoot this thing though!!

Does anybody now if the Black Dog 50rd drum mag will work with this stock?

Quote Originally Posted by bjs7293 View Post
    Does anybody now if the Black Dog 50rd drum mag will work with this stock?
    Unlikely because of the mag well on the Marauder kit....you might be able to make some modifications to the mag well for it to fit?