Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    I had mine out at the range this morning for a few rounds of plinking, and at 20 yards, it was quite decent with the iron sights. I had a couple of 1" groups (10 rd) from a rather unstable picnic table.

I'm pleased.

I also ran some standing snap practice with it, very handy, and very quick to come up to POA.

Quite pleased.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Quote Originally Posted by IM_Lugger View Post
    Dont have the kit yet, but just tried to remove the sights and wow they are not cooperating at all! any tips?
    Read back through this thread; lots of advice.

Mine were stubborn also. Apply penetrating oil to sight dovetails and leave overnight, support the barrel firmly on a solid surface (NOT YOUR LAP) and drift out from left side to right side (left/right from shooters perspective) using a steel punch and SOLID hammer blows. A brass punch may suffice and is adviseable if you want to save the sights, but if your's are stubborn, brass won't cut it.
    My rear sight was VERY stubborn and I ended up having to dremel it in two to get it out (dovetail base was deforming and no sight movement).

Everyone's 10/22 sights seem to be a little different. Good luck.

BB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    I tightened the barrel with an action in a vice and used a screwdriver with a bit inside a .22 case and hammared it a few times. I'd rather not ruin the sights if i have an option but looks like i might have no choice.

CGN Regular
    Hey guys I didn't get a chance to post the pics of the solution to keep the rear sight in..if anyone wants them PM me....

Just leave the rear sight IN ! ! ! and clearance the stock for it to work....
    The front site can be left in if you are willing to cut a line down the fake suppresor
    part....better for actual gun value over kit value...just my thoughts

If attachments for pics were allowed it would be easier to just post them

Hope this helps

Got it out! It wasn't too bad actualy, when I tried it first I only had 5 mins before I had to run out, so I put a drop of oil on it and when I tried it again it didn't take too long at all, just a woman it just needs a good smack

ps my gf didn't like that joke haha
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

CGN Regular
    Anyone have try Butler Creek Hot Lips Speed Loader with the Marauder Mag??? Is there any problem with the little wire?

CGN frequent flyer onewheeldoin200's Avatar
    Thanks Dave (hical), kit looks great. Sights came off really easily for me though and I smashed my finger. I would make a terrible surgeon.

I received my kit a while back and I think I'm pretty much done building it.

I've put into it:
    Volquartsen High Performance Kit (Target Hammer, Trigger, etc)
    Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
    Bolt Recoil Buffer
    Magpul Angled Foregrip
    Tasco 1x Red Dot
    CA36K (the Classic Airsoft G36K) Stock, which is 1.25" longer and feels a lot better to me

The only thing I don't really like about the kit is the fake fire selector switch :/
    -gosse

what are the 4 small screws that come in a kit for?

BANNED
    They are for the top of the 10-22 receiver... 2 of the 4 holes are not drilled all the way through the marauder stock.
    According to Hi Cal they can be left out as the 2 front screws hold it together well enough .

Quote:Originally Posted by MikeTheRock
    When putting my kit together I noticed that the rearmost two holes for screw #41 are either completely blocked or partially blocked. It doesn't look like it is just a bit of flashing from the molding process either as the partial blockage is rather significant.

Has anyone else had this problem?

If you are refering to the top holes that screw into the reciever, then yes mine was like that too. I just left it and didn't bother with those screw since the two inthe front were fine and everything else mounted nice and tight.

Quote from Hi Cal ..

They all seem to have it this run, I just use the 2 fronts or dont even bother, as these kits fit very tight!