Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1727293031323334353637383940414243444547 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Anyone can comment on accuracy having the kit installed on a target model or VLEH?
    The heavy barrel are supposed to be a very tight fit and negates the free-float nature vs standard width bbls.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novan3 View Post
    I recall reading on the Ruger Forum somebody claiming that there's a slot somewhere on or around the stock that fits a spent .45 shell casing that'll keep the stock from folding. This may still make the kit a restricted without the proper barrel length and the info may also be bs.
    I am not at home this weekend, but I will have a look at the .45 case trick when I get back. I doubt it will be permanent enough to make it legal, though.

The kit itself is over 26", so as long as your barrel sticks out of the forearm you are still non-restricted. Mystic brought in 12.5" barrels that just emerge the from the forearm and I am waiting on one of those to put mine together.

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novan3 View Post
    I recall reading on the Ruger Forum somebody claiming that there's a slot somewhere on or around the stock that fits a spent .45 shell casing that'll keep the stock from folding. This may still make the kit a prohibited without the proper barrel length and the info may also be bs.

fixed it for you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    fixed it for you.
    No you didn't. He had it right in the first place, the rifle would become restricted if the OAL dropped below 26", not prohibited.

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

He has a point. If the 10/22 is originally classed a NR and put it into the stock suddenly making it below minimum NR length, wouldnt it need to be officially re-classed with the CFO? Idk.

Failed...any non restricted that do not meet the length requirement are prohibited.

right off of the CFC website.

What firearms are prohibited?
    The Criminal Code defines the following firearms as prohibited:

•automatics, including those that have been converted so that they can only fire one projectile when the trigger is squeezed;
    •handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or less, and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific models used in International Shooting Union competitions;.
    rifles and shotguns that have been altered so that their barrel length is less than 457 mm (about 18 inches) or their overall length is less than 660 mm (about 26 inches); or
    •any firearm prescribed as prohibited -- These can be found in the fact sheet listing restricted and prohibited firearms.

i hope u didnt buy your PAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Well I finally got the chance to take out my new Maruader kit and what can I say, other then this thing is sweet. It caught quite the attention at the range today. I did have 2 FTF on the first and second round on the maruader mag. I think it was caused byme loading it incorrect. Other then that the mag ran flawless. Was worried about it from what I have been reading but it works fantastic.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do with mine.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

BANNED
    i see your marauder kit, and raise you this:

Gun : mossberg 702 plinkster .22lr
    Shell : 1:1, H&K-licensed airsoft g36c (all polymer, very close to the real thing).

No mods to the actual gun, just a homemade dressup kit. g36 Cocking handle and mag release are functionnal.

fake suppressor, M4 stock adapter with knock-off UBR stock. Original serial number is visible.

without the accessories, this thing cost me about the same as a Ruger 10/22 with marauder kit. Had to invest quite a bit of time though, but it was damn fun.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, just thought i'd share it with fellow nutz who like a .22lr G36, i'm pretty stoked with the result.

cheers.
    Last edited by sewktbk; 10-09-2011 at 05:59 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    looks fanastic, thinking about getting a shorter barrel to make a version like yours but dont want it restricted and no faux suppressor
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

BANNED
    I'm not a fake suppressor kinda guy either, but it was my only option to hide that long barrel