Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Fake supressors work well to hide the barrel, nice job on that plinkster!!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

BANNED
    Thanks hical!

can't wait to go shoot it...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Failed...any non restricted that do not meet the length requirement are prohibited.

right off of the CFC website.

What firearms are prohibited?
    The Criminal Code defines the following firearms as prohibited:

•automatics, including those that have been converted so that they can only fire one projectile when the trigger is squeezed;
    •handguns with a barrel length of 105 mm or less, and handguns that discharge .25 or .32 calibre ammunition, except for a few specific models used in International Shooting Union competitions;.
    rifles and shotguns that have been altered so that their barrel length is less than 457 mm (about 18 inches) or their overall length is less than 660 mm (about 26 inches); or
    •any firearm prescribed as prohibited -- These can be found in the fact sheet listing restricted and prohibited firearms.

i hope u didnt buy your PAL.
    Actually, you are wrong as well. Changing the stock is not ALTERING. Cutting the barrel or stock down is altering. What we are doing with a stock change is ADAPTING.

“restricted firearm” means

(a) a handgun that is not a prohibited firearm,

(b) a firearm that

(i) is not a prohibited firearm,
    (ii) has a barrel less than 470 mm in length, and
    (iii) is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner,

(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise, or

(d) a firearm of any other kind that is prescribed to be a restricted firearm;
    Hope you didn't buy your PAL.

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

Changing a stock and putting a 12.5 inch barrel is not altering?! if the gun came factory with a barrel of 660mm shorter then yes, its restricted. A non restricted that has been altered with an overall length of 26" is prohibited.

Through conditions beyond my own control I had a G36/ 10/22 siezed by the cops. (Wasn't at my house)

Can't wait to try and get it back! Should be a good time.
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mmattockx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Changing a stock and putting a 12.5 inch barrel is not altering?! if the gun came factory with a barrel of 660mm shorter then yes, its restricted. A non restricted that has been altered with an overall length of 26" is prohibited.
    Nope, altering means cutting. Adapting means changing parts. Stupid? Yes, very.

It is only restricted on barrel length if it is a centerfire semi with a barrel less than 470mm (18.5"). Manual action centerfire and rimfire is OK at any barrel length (as long as the barrel wasn't cut to length), but less than 26" OAL means it is restricted. If manufactured at an OAL shorter than 26" it may or may not be restricted, as the current Mare's Leg models of lever action rifles show.

at Canadian gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by shotzee View Post
    Through conditions beyond my own control I had a G36/ 10/22 siezed by the cops. (Wasn't at my house)

Contact the CSSA/NFA if you are a member and share the circumstances with us when you can. Good luck in getting your property back, that sucks big time. Was the 10/22 the standard model with 18" barrel or did you have a short aftermarket barrel on it?

Mark
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".

- William Pitt

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar

how the fvck did that happen???

Did they not see the reg stating that it was non-restricted?
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

At my parents place. Dont want to get into details. Spoke to the guy in charge of seizures. He seemed to be a nice fellow. Just waiting to the cop to give the OK to release them to me.

I was concerned about the fake supressor. And yes, a stock 18inch barrel. Shouldnt be a problem, Im just looking forward to the looks on their faces.
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

BANNED
    At my parents place. Dont want to get into details. Spoke to the guy in charge of seizures. He seemed to be a nice fellow. Just waiting to the cop to give the OK to release them to me.

I was concerned about the fake supressor. And yes, a stock 18inch barrel. Shouldnt be a problem, Im just looking forward to the looks on their faces.
    I was about to ask...did they seize it because of the fake suppressor? on some "we need to make sure its fake" kind of deal?

Quote Originally Posted by sewktbk View Post
    I was about to ask...did they seize it because of the fake suppressor? on some "we need to make sure its fake" kind of deal?
    No, unrelated. They took a bunch of firearms from my parents home. It was just one of the bunch. Chatted with the fellow at the compound "Now one LOOKS scary, and has a fake FAKE supressor. Its only plastic, its just furniture." He seemed understanding. He joked and said "Dont worry, this report was filled out by cops, so it's probably all wrong anyways."