Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343536373839404142434445464749 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

let me know when you get your gun seize.

Quote Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
    Nope, altering means cutting. Adapting means
    changing parts. Stupid? Yes, very.

It is only restricted on barrel length if it is a centerfire semi with a barrel less than 470mm (18.5"). Manual action centerfire and rimfire is OK at any barrel length (as long as the barrel wasn't cut to length), but less than 26" OAL means it is restricted. If manufactured at an OAL shorter than 26" it may or may not be restricted, as the current Mare's Leg models of lever action rifles show.

at Canadian gun laws.

Contact the CSSA/NFA if you are a member and share the circumstances with us when you can. Good luck in getting your property back, that sucks big time. Was the 10/22 the standard model with 18" barrel or did you have a short aftermarket barrel on it?

Mark

Hi Hical just wondering if your getting more stocks in when you get your mags end of Oct?

Stocks are on the way, Hopefully we should be shipping out all remaining preorders next week! Mags are still scheduled for the end of Oct, beginning of Nov.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

BANNED
    Finally got my Maraucer kit together , the accessories added and fire a few mags . I put on a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot, vertical fore grip and a couple picatinney side rails . I also drilled a hole in the back of my Ruger receiver for cleaning the barrel from the rear and took a scotch pad to the inside of the receiver and bolt.
    The original 10 round mag worked flawlessly with all types of ammo.

My Marauder mag dosnt like Blazer ammo or Remington Yellow Jackets

but these work fine

Federal 36 grain hollow point ( 525 rd bulk pack)
    Federal 40 grain solid

I have had a few FTF with these types of ammo as well . hopefelly once the mag and rifle break in it will improve. I touched up the feed lips and the inside of the mag to smooth it out a bit.
    The auto bolt release feature is a big improvement compared to the Ruger setup.

The Bushnell reddot mounts perfect on this rifle and I can cowitness the original sights .

The stock came together well and the serial numbers centered.

Here is a couple pics using my Norinco M4 for a size reference.....buttstock folded its shorter than my M4

And with the buttstock open it is alittle longer than my M4

I put this kit on a new Ruger that I got from Frontier Firearms (Thanks again)
    I test fired the rifle in its original configuration with both mags before installing the Marauder kit
    The original 10 round mag worked flawlessly with all the types of ammo .
    The Marauder mag didnt like the Blazer or Remington ammo in both stocks .

Overall I am very happy with it and hope the new style mags improve the feeding .
    I have only fired about 120 rounds out of it so far so I am sure it will loosen up .
    Last edited by chalkriver; 10-15-2011 at 10:48 AM.

I'm just waiting the day when I'm out back shooting squirrels later on in the season for the swat team to show up, it looks almost too real to take the chance of shooting it anywhere on my property

Update, stocks are delayed, but the mags will be here within 2 weeks. They will be $39 with the shell or $34 without. PM for orders.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Update, stocks are delayed, but the mags will be here within 2 weeks. They will be $39 with the shell or $34 without. PM for orders.
    Will these be the "second gen" versions?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    Anyway to mount a bopod onto the Maurader? I always used a stud mount before.
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

Mount your Bipod on your lower rail.
    Arm The Homeless. RATM

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt B'tard View Post
    Will these be the "second gen" versions?
    Yes, these are the updated mags, they have steel lock pins front & rear, we will also be bringing in some new feed lips for any faulty ones people have got from us in the past.