Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394041424344454647484950515254 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyG View Post
    this may be a little off topic but I got the marauder kit installed, replaced the barrel with a Dlask 20" fluted .920(barrel damage). It fits great and all but the front is a little heavy with this beast on it. I would like to shorten/lighten the barrel, all the while keeping the OAL minimum for being non-restricted and keeping the folding stock operation. Is it possible to get a 16" tactical solutions lightweight barrel and attach a muzzle-break/flash hider to extend the length to 18"? if not does anyone have any suggestions?

Simply put: does a flash hider effectively extend the length of the barrel legality wise?
    Nope. The length of the firearm at the barrel end, ends at the rifling. Adding flash hiders, fake suppressors, bayonets, vacuum cleaner nozzles, novelty clown noses, etc, to extend the length, permanent or otherwise does not add to the legal length of the firearm.

So the collapsed/ folded length to the end of the rifling is what you need to measure.

Yes, I read it in the firearms act, no I can't find it in that convoluted pile of a dogs breakfast at the moment.

BB.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt B'tard View Post
    Nope. The length of the firearm at the barrel end, ends at the rifling. Adding flash hiders, fake suppressors, bayonets, vacuum cleaner nozzles, novelty clown noses, etc, to extend the length, permanent or otherwise does not add to the legal length of the firearm.

So the collapsed/ folded length to the end of the rifling is what you need to measure.

Yes, I read it in the firearms act, no I can't find it in that convoluted pile of a dogs breakfast at the moment.

BB.
    I stand corrected then! Feel free to share the link if and when you find it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    sorry but OAL is OVER ALL LENGTH. everything counts. even the flash hider, fake can, flashlight.

BARREL LENGTH only counts for the length of the continuous barrel. IE how ever long the barrel was made, usually the length of the rifling. but there are some barrels that are MADE with a flash hider/break and as long as it was not attached but MADE with the barrel it counts too, ONE PIECE.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    sorry but OAL is OVER ALL LENGTH. everything counts. even the flash hider, fake can, flashlight.

BARREL LENGTH only counts for the length of the continuous barrel. IE how ever long the barrel was made, usually the length of the rifling. but there are some barrels that are MADE with a flash hider/break and as long as it was not attached but MADE with the barrel it counts too, ONE PIECE.
    Can someone confirm this??

I'd like to know if indeed my initial assumption was correct.

Here is what is stated in the FA :

a rifle or shotgun that can fire when its overall length is
    reduced by folding, telescoping or some other means to
    less than 660 mm (26 inches);
    Does "some other means" include unscrewing barrel components??? As usual, very vague...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    Flash hinder doesn't count as length.
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

CGN Regular
    100 miles north 100 miles south, manitoba
    Now Thats What Im Talkin' About! ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply! Ive never liked the look of the ruger, or aftermarket hi-cap mags as they are just too curved to look right in the Mp5 type stocks! Im working on a one off Mp5 10/22, and these mags fit the bill 100%! the build i'm working on will have the SD front end, and very possibly the PDW folding "type" stock.....

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    They will fit any 10/22 without the sleeve, they are available either way. They look almost the same as an MP5 mag. Mags will be in stock on the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by ginnz View Post
    Now Thats What Im Talkin' About! ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply! Ive never liked the look of the ruger, or aftermarket hi-cap mags as they are just too curved to look right in the Mp5 type stocks! Im working on a one off Mp5 10/22, and these mags fit the bill 100%! the build i'm working on will have the SD front end, and very possibly the PDW folding "type" stock.....
    I love the look of them as well, drop a PM with a preorder so we can get these mags out smoothly, no payment until we ship. They will be in stock this weekend for store pickups, or shipping out all next week. They have replacable feed lips as well. I want to see a pic of this MP5-10/22!

High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post

Fair enough, yes if the length of the barrel has a flash hider, for example, machined as part of the barrel I'll stipulate that would be part of overall length, but the original question is if a flash hider, fake suppressor etc was added (ie, not part of the original barrel) to the too short barrel would that make it legal, and I'll stick with a no on that count. Maybe I'm wrong or I misinterpreted what I read, but I don't feel like standing in handcuffs aruging my case with a moody RCMP officer.

Hmm doesnt really specify what OAL is:

Definition of a Restricted Firearm

According to the Criminal Code, a restricted firearm is:

A handgun that is not a prohibited firearm;
    A semi-automatic, centre-fire firearm with a barrel length less than 470 mm that is not a prohibited firearm;
    A firearm that can fire after being reduced, by folding, telescoping or otherwise, to an overall length of less than 660 mm; and
    Any firearm prescribed under the Criminal Code regulations to be restricted (including some long guns).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyG View Post
    this may be a little off topic but I got the marauder kit installed, replaced the barrel with a Dlask 20" fluted .920(barrel damage). It fits great and all but the front is a little heavy with this beast on it. I would like to shorten/lighten the barrel, all the while keeping the OAL minimum for being non-restricted and keeping the folding stock operation. Is it possible to get a 16" tactical solutions lightweight barrel and attach a muzzle-break/flash hider to extend the length to 18"? if not does anyone have any suggestions?

Simply put: does a flash hider effectively extend the length of the barrel legality wise?
    you can run a 8 inch barrel if you want, as long as the OAL is >26 when the gun can fire.

Flashhider only ads to the OAL. doesn;t count for BARREL length.

RIMFIRE rifles have no restriction on barrel length.