Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3444464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    Did you guys install the four bolts into the receiver before installing the top rail?
    Yep, mine are all in and snug. There's a chance they can interfere with the bolt's movement if they are able to go in too far though. If you're up to it, disassemble everything and remove the bolt mechanism, then assemble the upper to the receiver, thread the 4 screws in and feel if they're protruding past the inside of the receiver. You may need to find some washers to shim and keep them away from the moving bits.

This Space For Rent

How are the stock sights on these kits? Plastic? Metal? Throwaway?

they are plastic but mine seems to be very accurate with the open sights at 25 yards
    these opinions are not unlike my lower intestine....
    STINKY, and LOADED WITH DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo-minivan View Post
    they are plastic but mine seems to be very accurate with the open sights at 25 yards
    I can vouch for that. A buddy had one at the range today I got to try out. It was fun! Now i need one...
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

CGN frequent flyer bone-collector's Avatar
    the new mags showed up thismorning and even though I had to swap out my extended mag release for a original 1022 flat one they fit great and look sweet on that stubby build! thanks HICAL! now if promag only made the Marauder kit with a fixed stock I would own 1

"ASSAULT RIFLE" :liberal/ndp word for rifles that DONT suck!!
    YOU CANT FIX STUPID!
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." -Thomas Jefferson
    Moose dont care if I can SPELL or NOT!

Looks.....Proper!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    Received my replacement feed lips and new mag this week.

The replacement lips looked like 1st Gen lips as the metal wire was still able to dig into my thumb. Got it out to the range thought, and flawless, %100 good to go. The new mag was just as good actually better. As it is a 2nd Gen, with the new metal "mag lip" on it. This is where I started having a problem with my first mag.

Because the gen1 mag has the composite "mag lip" on it, it wore down a lil bit (I admit, it may have been caused by my aggressive reloads while trying to dump 4 mags asap). So now the mag seats, but if you put any rearward pressure on the lower half of the mag, it will become unseated and drop out.

However this is NOT an issue with the gen2 mags.

Thanks highcal, for another great transaction. (looks like I may be ordering a few more mags in the near future, as I hate reloading after each one.)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Harv View Post
    Yep, mine are all in and snug. There's a chance they can interfere with the bolt's movement if they are able to go in too far though. If you're up to it, disassemble everything and remove the bolt mechanism, then assemble the upper to the receiver, thread the 4 screws in and feel if they're protruding past the inside of the receiver. You may need to find some washers to shim and keep them away from the moving bits.
    Thanks! I am going to try the washers.
    Prost!

Berger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    When I ordered the Marauder stock and saw the G36 optic in this thread, I had to get one....and it came today!

It is made well, but you do need to get in tight. I threw the red dot on the top picatinny rail just to see how it looked...might need a halo or a mini...(My iPhone pics suck)

Last edited by berger; 11-29-2011 at 10:34 PM.
    Prost!

Berger

Got my kit from Dave yesterday! Thanks again.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the ruger stock sights? I beat the crap outta them last night with no success. I'm going from left to right as noted by others on youtube, but im having a hell of a time removing them.

May get out the heat gun tonight and try heating it up a bit??
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post