Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IM_Lugger's Avatar
    I'm on a second (pre)order list any chance I can get bumped so I can get mine now?
    Original Combat Exorcist

"I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come"

Quote Originally Posted by IM_Lugger View Post
    I'm on a second (pre)order list any chance I can get bumped so I can get mine now?
    I like the "WTB ruger 10/22" in the sig line, i wonder why :D!

I need to get some cash set aside so i can grab me one!!!
    Proud to be UBC

WTS complete MG42 Bolt here
    WTS 2 complete M53 Bolts here
    Not mine, but check it out :D http://canadianblackriflemag.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuc82 View Post
    Got mine today too, still sitting in the box, wife is pissed so I can't do anything tonight......
    HAHA! I feel for you, I was in the same boat last night when I picked mine up and then quickly disappeared to the garage to play.

It took me a lot longer to put my kit togther then I was expecting. Mostly because removing my original factory sights became a huge chore (which ended up including a hack saw, a dremel and a lot of four letter words). I would recommend anyone getting this kit to pull apart your rifle ahead of time in case you run in to the same difficulty's I did with the sights.

I love the feel of the kit and looks but I am also having the same issues with the magazine that was previously mentioned. With the cover on, it is difficult to get it to seat properly.
    The other issue I ran into, that I have not corrected yet, is two of the holes that are used to secure the top piece to the reciever are not drilled out. By the time I got around to actually installing the kit together I was way to tired and frusterated to bother trying to correct it. I will have to pull it apart on the weekend and see if there is an easy fix.

Other then those two issues the kit rocks and was well worth the wait. I can't wait to get out and put a few hundred rounds through it.
    Last edited by officerdown; 07-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Mine also did not have the two rear reciever "rail" mounting holes drilled all the way through.
    Just measured the depth of the other two and marked a drill bit for the proper depth. The rail screws ended up just right, but check and make sure you don't have any screw sticking through into the reciever after.

Got mine today too, still sitting in the box, wife is pissed so I can't do anything tonight......
    LMAO! I feel your pain. I'm not even allowed to get the kit...yet. I have always heard it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Order the kit, and when you go to the post office to pick it up, stop at the spca and bring her a puppy.

She'll forget all about it ahah

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    Oh she is pissed, I tried to put it together last night and ended up getting yelled at about paying more attention to guns than I ever pay to her. Seriously though how is that even possible, I get maybe maybe a few hours a week with my guns, try tellin her that though..... Long story short it's in pieces in my basement, or should I say was when I left this morning........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Oh she is pissed, I tried to put it together last night and ended up getting yelled at about paying more attention to guns than I ever pay to her. Seriously though how is that even possible, I get maybe maybe a few hours a week with my guns, try tellin her that though..... Long story short it's in pieces in my basement, or should I say was when I left this morning........
    at least she is not yelling for spending the money

Does sleeping in the same bed count as spending time together?

I wish I had the balls to buy the kit..problem is, I just bought a house. I know my fiance will remove my testicles if I came home from the post office with the kit...a puppy wouldn't save me.

There's a great youtube video online that reviews the kit. A must see to satisfy the temptations.

http://youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri...bZV3q1vs&gl=CA

I posted the link from my phone, so I don't know if its gonna work. Let me know.