Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

CGN frequent flyer onewheeldoin200's Avatar
    Hey Hical, one more question: do the iron sights pop of the rail/handle or are they permanently attached?

Quote Originally Posted by onewheeldoin200 View Post
    Hey Hical, one more question: do the iron sights pop of the rail/handle or are they permanently attached?
    No, They can be removed from the rail by removing lock pins.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Quote Originally Posted by officerdown View Post
    Howie,

My Kit is very tight as well. Make sure you are not getting hung up on the safety when you are installing the receiver into the lower. As for the upper there is a small gap between the upper and lower. This was explained by Archangel Development as to account for the different types of finishes on 10/22's. The gap in mine is hardly noticable, unless you look very closely and is no different then the gap in an AR15.
    I have pulled mine apart a few times now to clean and it does get easier. The two long bolts infront of the lower are the most time consuming, because of the barrel.
    Once you have it togther you will love it, it's a well built kit thats fun to shoot.
    Bingo, make sure the safety is in the middle position, not on or off but floating. If you dont do this you will be stuggling...
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

When putting my kit together I noticed that the rearmost two holes for screw #41 are either completely blocked or partially blocked. It doesn't look like it is just a bit of flashing from the molding process either as the partial blockage is rather significant.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheRock View Post
    When putting my kit together I noticed that the rearmost two holes for screw #41 are either completely blocked or partially blocked. It doesn't look like it is just a bit of flashing from the molding process either as the partial blockage is rather significant.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    If you are refering to the top holes that screw into the reciever, then yes mine was like that too. I just left it and didn't bother with those screw since the two inthe front were fine and everything else mounted nice and tight.

They all seem to have it this run, I just use the 2 fronts or dont even bother, as these kits fit very tight!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    What nobody is taking pics of their nice new marauder kits and posting them?!? FOR SHAME!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Major Sights View Post
    What nobody is taking pics of their nice new marauder kits and posting them?!? FOR SHAME!!! :D
    You need to look back in the first 80 posts of this thread

Frustrated!!!

After reading all the literature on how to remove the front and rear sights on the 10/22, I proceeded today to give it a go.
    Applied penetrating oil overnight, properly braced and supported the barrel, used a brass punch, drift from left to right side... got all that.

After several frustrating hours I have seen NO movement (and I've been giving it some serious whacks). I had applied penetrating oil overnight, no joy. Tried cooling it in the freezer for a couple hours, no joy. Tried heating it with a heatgun, no joy. Tried acetone (heard there may be a touch of adhesive in there, but I doubt it), NO JOY!!

Short of doing the Dremel trick, I don't know what else to do (well, a gunsmith, I suppose), but after seeing so many people obviously have no real issues getting these buggers off I have to ask how YOU did it...

Aaarrrrrgh!!!!
    Last edited by Bolt B'tard; 08-14-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typos

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    You need to look back in the first 80 posts of this thread
    Ya I did that... and since I am able to count, by my math, I have seen about 4 DIFFERENT rifles. 3 regular members, and several different pictures of Hicals that were re-posted by several other members. So there is only 4 members who frequent this forum, who have this kit... depressing...

Not even one showed up in the "Tactical Rimfire Picture thread".

Was just hoping to see some more eye candy and maybe see some new setups to get ideas off of for when mine shows up.