Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt B'tard View Post
    After reading all the literature on how to remove the front and rear sights on the 10/22, I proceeded today to give it a go.
    Applied penetrating oil overnight, properly braced and supported the barrel, used a brass punch, drift from left to right side... got all that.

After several frustrating hours I have seen NO movement (and I've been giving it some serious whacks). I had applied penetrating oil overnight, no joy. Tried cooling it in the freezer for a couple hours, no joy. Tried heating it with a heatgun, no joy. Tried acetone (heard there may be a touch of adhesive in there, but I doubt it), NO JOY!!

Short of doing the Dremel trick, I don't know what else to do (well, a gunsmith, I suppose), but after seeing so many people obviously have no real issues getting these buggers off I have to ask how YOU did it...
    Aaarrrrrgh!!!!

Use a steel punch & a solid surface, the sights may take damage, but they will come out! I have done dozens....
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

Guess i need to take some more pics. There are a lot of these kits out there, lots more coming soon!

High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    Use a steel punch & a solid surface, the sights may take damage, but they will come out! I have done dozens....
    I was thinking that a steel punch may be in order. I'm not too concerned about damaging the sights as long as they come out. The rear sight seems to be a softer metal as the brass punch I was using actually deformed the surface of the dovetail base slightly...

I'm going to brace it up with hardwood blocks and try a SOLID surface like the basement concrete floor. Plus I'll try heating them up with a heatgun, just before, as well.

Thanks.

Shouldnt need a heatgun, but if you do, heat up the area around the sights, not the sights themselves. Let us know when you succeed!

hhhmmmm, lots of kits out there but not too many pictures. I'll post mine to see if we can start a trend going. :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigchinny View Post
    hhhmmmm, lots of kits out there but not too many pictures. I'll post mine to see if we can start a trend going. :D
    PERFECT! One of the exact setups I wanted to see! The AFG with no Optics and the Suppressor Shroud! Thanks Bigchinny!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Sights View Post
    PERFECT! One of the exact setups I wanted to see! The AFG with no Optics and the Suppressor Shroud! Thanks Bigchinny!
    U are welcome Major Sights, was playing with the idea of putting in a dlask bull barrel later on...

Hey Dave @ Hical, have u built any with the bull barrels yet? Some pictures of the marauder kits with bull barrels would be much appreciated!

They wont fold with anything shorter than a 18.5 " bbl, you have to pin the stock

How about this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by ntm View Post
    Dave of hical.ca hooked me up too, great guy to deal with !

I pinned the stock with a countersunk 4mm screw, and went with a dlask 12.5" .750 barrel with a levang linear comp.
    They did an outstanding job with this stock, it feels very solid, and it looks and feels just like my hk sl8 which is also in the pics.

I threw an airsoft 3.5x carry handle scope/red dot on there for giggles, but I think I like the vortex sparc better. The real g36/sl8 rails/carry handle scopes mount up perfectly.

A big thanks again to Dave at hical !

Regards,
    Nathan

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    We have preorder lists going for Marauder kits, complete built Marauders & Magazines, with or without shells.
    Price on a complete rifle with 3 magazines (2 extra) & shells/covers?