Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

They are playing catch up on all the existing kit orders, after that the mags will flow freely. 2 months or sooner is my guess.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

rails

My siderails arrived today and I slapped them on...they look great. Big Thanks to dave at HiCal.

i told myself i wouldnt get excited untill i had one of these in the mail.

well today, i'm excited, now its going to be a long week ahah!

thanks dave, great guy, great service!

Marauder arrived today

Just got my stock in all courtesy from Mystic Precision... Thanks Jerry!! :D

Arrived at 11am; everything put together by 2:30pm.
    She's a beast and looks fantastic!

I had a few minor build hiccups:

1) On mine, the barrel V block was digging into the Marauder stock, so I had to do some minor inletting with a sharp chisel to shave .5mm off the inside on the right side of the stock. Went together slick as snot after that.

2) The top Marauder reciever has four holes that line up with the four holes on top of the 10/22 reciever (normally for the scope rail; and have small plug screws installed). On the Marauder reciever, the two rear holes are not moulded all the way through, so I had to drill them out. Did not matter as the shoulder that the provided screws head would sit on is so high that the screw threads don't extend beyond to screw into the 10/22 reciever.
    The forward holes are fine.
    This is definately a design flaw by Promag/Archangel.

Other than that, it was an easy build. Now I just need to get to the range to give her a workout.
    I'll post up some pics of mine in the next couple days.

Later,
    BB.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy..

Jerry

Initial Marauder Impressions

Thanks to High Caliber for the Marauder Kit!

It's a great kit and feels awesome. The looks at the range don't hurt either. I think I pissed off the group next to me shooting their Norinco M4 and SKS wildly all over the paper. Especially after I started nailing the tombstone gong repeatedly at 200 meters.

A quick review. It feels great and while it took some work to tap the parts in it all came together okay. My biggest worry was whether my Butler Creek Bull Barrel would fit. It does with room to spare! The stock is excellent but had some rough areas in the lower hollow area before the butt stock. I sanded it down because I kept scratching my arms when I practiced manipulating it from shoulder to shoulder.

I do have some issues with the supplied magazine. With the sleeve it does not seem to stay locked up in the mag well. If I rock the magazine forward and then back, it can slide out. The bolt lock locks up easily but has a 50/50 chance of closing when I pull back on the charging handle. This was not the case however when I was checking the action multiple times the night before. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I still have to try the suggested fix listed earlier by hical for the magazine.

Ammo tested was Federal Champion 40 grain solid High Velocity, Remington Thunderbolt, and CCI Mini-mag 40 grain solid. The Remington Thunderbolt was not reliable at all with the supplied magazine. Many failure to feed problems after the first round. I had to run that magazine as a load one, remove the mag, fire and load another (Total 25 rounds). The Thunderbolt however did fine with my old Butler Creek steel lips (24 out of 25 rounds, one Failure to fire). Federal Champion worked quite well with a few (5 out of 100) failure to fire, no difference between the Promag or Butler Creek mag. No problems with the CCI Mini-mag (50 rounds).

The product is great, I just want to work out a few bugs. Will try to get some pictures up in the future.
    1911 mag, Twinkie, Twinkie, Cupcake...Primary weapon mag.
    - Chris Costa, Magpul Dynamics

BANNED
    any spare mags coming in???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer redddogg69's Avatar
    Post # 231 top of the page you posted on lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Reddogg have a big iq, like a green plants, and -2 compare to a pitbulls! It is my last post concerning that gentleman,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post
    Sorry for doing whatever I want on the internet. Sometimes you can ask a smart question and still get a stupid answer, life's like that.

Just installed mine without any problems. It's a pretty snug fit dropping the receiver in and putting the top back on, so I used a rubber mallet a couple times. I was a little weary of over tightening because it's all plastic, but everything tightened up pretty well.

I have to admit that getting the sights off took a lot more force than I thought it would. I used lubricant and a steel punch and it really roughed up the side of the sights, but not a big deal since I won't ever be using them.

My magazine sleeve is a little loose too but not a big deal either if it will feed ok. Other than that the kit feels solid.

I went with the flash suppressor because it seems like a lot of people are using the fake silencer, but it fits loosely too. I haven't committed to pushing that pin in yet because I'm not sure if it will just lock it in loosely like that or will tighten up against something and secure it?

Other than that will see how it shoots...

The hole for the pin in the flash hider doesn't go all the way through. Anyone know how to get the pin out if I want to get the flash hider off?