Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

BANNED
    To Officerdown,
    Did you change the barrel? I had the same issues when I put new Dlask Barrel. After one incident with raptured case, extractor was blown away now I fired few hundred shoots with no incidents.
    Take extractor out make sure you are using same spring that came with new extractor and put all together one more time. And don't use blaser ammo if you changed the barrel

Thanks guys,

Dave you were 100% correct it was the ejector...it's all fixed up now and working great...thanks

This might be a stupid question but I didn't see it asked here.
    Would an Sr-22 Bull Barrel fit into the marauder kit?
    And secondly does anyone who has this Kit want to throw their gun on a weigh scale to see what it weighs? and then report back.
    I'm curious if the Marauder kit will weigh more or considerably less than the Sr-22. The SR being all metal more or less.
    I'm really considering this kit but I still sit on the fence.
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by murat View Post
    To Officerdown,
    Did you change the barrel? I had the same issues when I put new Dlask Barrel. After one incident with raptured case, extractor was blown away now I fired few hundred shoots with no incidents.
    Take extractor out make sure you are using same spring that came with new extractor and put all together one more time. And don't use blaser ammo if you changed the barrel
    Dont use any CCI ammo in the Dlask barrels, they are oversized & tight for the chambers.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    And secondly does anyone who has this Kit want to throw their gun on a weigh scale to see what it weighs? and then report back.
    I'm curious if the Marauder kit will weigh more or considerably less than the Sr-22. The SR being all metal more or less.
    I think the length of the sr-22 would make the gun restricted.

PM Sent to you hical, can you let me know when you have a moment

rereorder list
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

Had my marauder kit out yesterday and the kit and the mag functioned perfectly. Now we just need extra mags

I received my kit today, and since I have been at home with 7 broken ribs for the last 4.5 weeks, I had nothing else to do except work on installing the kit.

For background, I had never even held a 10/22 before I bought a brand new one a couple of months ago in anticipation of the Marauder kit. I am not a gun noob however, as I have been shooting since 10 years of age (I am now 51), and have about 30 firearms in my collection including 12.5 and 12.6 prohibited guns. I just never got around to shooting a 10/22 as I had other .22's to use. I still have not shot my new 10/22.

On with the kit. I watched a few UTube vids to learn how to install the extended mag release and auto bolt release included with the kit. It was child's play for those who were wondering, although my 10/22 pins required a punch and hammer to remove instead of falling out like in the videos.

Next I went to remove the front and rear sights off of my rifle. I used a brass punch as suggested, and I managed to get the front sight off without damaging it, but my brass punch was no longer pristine. In other words, it bent. :D On to the rear sight. I completely destroyed my brass punch trying to drive that sight out of the dovetail. On to a steel punch. Several hefty raps and out it came. The sight is prefectly fine by the way, and so is my steel punch.

Then the fun began. The fit of the 10/22 receiver into the Marauder lower is TIGHT to put it mildly. I have been pounding it with a rubber mallet, and even resorted to a steel hammer (using a block of wood), with only moderate success. The receiver is ALMOST home, but not quite. I know this because the "upper" from the kit will not completely touch the lower when I install it, with a gap separating them. The "upper" is a tight fit on the receiver as well, requiring a rubber hammer to drive it home.

That is where I sit at the moment. As mentioned, I have 7 broken ribs, so I can only fart around with it for a bit before I must take a break. I am sure I will get the kit installed eventually, but it is certainly not "drop in" in my case.
    Last edited by Howie; 08-11-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spellin'
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Howie,

My Kit is very tight as well. Make sure you are not getting hung up on the safety when you are installing the receiver into the lower. As for the upper there is a small gap between the upper and lower. This was explained by Archangel Development as to account for the different types of finishes on 10/22's. The gap in mine is hardly noticable, unless you look very closely and is no different then the gap in an AR15.
    I have pulled mine apart a few times now to clean and it does get easier. The two long bolts infront of the lower are the most time consuming, because of the barrel.
    Once you have it togther you will love it, it's a well built kit thats fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    SR barrel will fit, but you need a 18.5" barrel to still fold it. The kit is lighter than a SR, But i dont have an accurate scale to weight it on. I think you will like this kit.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!