Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

CGN Regular
    Hey I noticed one thing in this thread......ONLY the BC guys got their stocks already!!!! HiCal u being bias with the locals!!!???
    Whats going on with you Westerners....U hoarding these stocks or what?????

Oh no, we sent lots east of BC...
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevguy93 View Post
    Hey I noticed one thing in this thread......ONLY the BC guys got their stocks already!!!! HiCal u being bias with the locals!!!???
    Whats going on with you Westerners....U hoarding these stocks or what?????
    My stuff went all over the country.

I have enjoyed putting mine together. A bit more involved then the Archangel but the parts fit, work great and the look is second to none.

Love how that folding locks up open and closed - nice. Works better then some centerfire rifles.

Mine has the 'can' for a shorter overall look.

More kits on order and hopefully arriving soon.

If you pin the stock, you can use any length barrel you want as the kit itself is 29".

If folding, you are pretty much on the limit (1/2" to spare - not worth the hassle and cost) Besides the factory front sight makes mounting the FH or can easy.

have a 12" shorty coming that will work nicely with a pinned stock and some nice muzzle bling. If anyone is interested in a match grade shorty that will not break the bank, Let me know...

Nice kit.
    Jerry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dr.Lector's Avatar
    Who cares about the East prov.

Kewl i hope to see my kit soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    My stuff went all over the country.

I have enjoyed putting mine together. A bit more involved then the Archangel but the parts fit, work great and the look is second to none.

Love how that folding locks up open and closed - nice. Works better then some centerfire rifles.

Mine has the 'can' for a shorter overall look.

More kits on order and hopefully arriving soon.

If you pin the stock, you can use any length barrel you want as the kit itself is 29".

If folding, you are pretty much on the limit (1/2" to spare - not worth the hassle and cost) Besides the factory front sight makes mounting the FH or can easy.

have a 12" shorty coming that will work nicely with a pinned stock and some nice muzzle bling. If anyone is interested in a match grade shorty that will not break the bank, Let me know...

Nice kit.
    Jerry

Well, I must have the most out of spec 10/22 in the history of .22 rifles. There is no way in Hell that my rifle would fit in the stock without breaking out the Dremel.

As mentioned, my 10/22 is BRAND NEW out of the box, as in, NEVER fired a shot. While attempting to insert the receiver into the stock, I have pounded on the receiver with a rubber hammer so hard that I was afraid that I would break something. The problem is that the receiver will not go down into the stock far enough.

I removed the trigger group to see if it was the problem. No way. The "ledge" on the stock that the bottom of the receiver sits on is too high for my rifle. I can see the receiver sitting on the ledge, so it ain't going down any further without drastic measures.

I was running out of ideas, so I thought that maybe the crinkle finish on the receiver was too "thick". I took out a file and filed the finish completely off the bottom of the receiver down to bare aluminum. Still a no go. I then said #### it, and broke out the Dremel. I had to mill off some of the "ledge" in the stock that the bottom of the receiver sits on. I rigged up a home made tool post holder for the Dremel to mount it to my lathe and had at it. It looks like Hell inside (but you can't see it), but I managed to get the receiver somewhat bedded into the stock.

As for the flash hider, Jesus himself could not get it to go over the front sight dovetail. The hole in the flash hider is too small in diameter. I have tried to pound it on the barrel using the rubber hammer, and managed to get it started, but when I removed the flash hider, I could see where the front sight dovetail was cutting metal on the flash hider. It ain't the right size for my rifle, and that is all that there is to it.

As for the fake can, it goes on the barrel not even half way before it wedges on tightly. No way in Hell I can I pound it on enough to install the pin. It ain't the right size either.

As mentioned, this is a brand new, bone stock 10/22. I do have the stock finally installed, but it was about as far from "drop in" as was possible. I don't know what I will do with the fake can. I guess I will try to ream it out somewhat just to get it on the barrel.

Other than that, I do like the stock. It is very sturdy judging from the abuse I have given it so far.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Well, I must have the most out of spec 10/22 in the history of .22 rifles. There is no way in Hell that my rifle would fit in the stock without breaking out the Dremel.

As mentioned, my 10/22 is BRAND NEW out of the box, as in, NEVER fired a shot. While attempting to insert the receiver into the stock, I have pounded on the receiver with a rubber hammer so hard that I was afraid that I would break something. The problem is that the receiver will not go down into the stock far enough.

I removed the trigger group to see if it was the problem. No way. The "ledge" on the stock that the bottom of the receiver sits on is too high for my rifle. I can see the receiver sitting on the ledge, so it ain't going down any further without drastic measures.

I was running out of ideas, so I thought that maybe the crinkle finish on the receiver was too "thick". I took out a file and filed the finish completely off the bottom of the receiver down to bare aluminum. Still a no go. I then said #### it, and broke out the Dremel. I had to mill off some of the "ledge" in the stock that the bottom of the receiver sits on. I rigged up a home made tool post holder for the Dremel to mount it to my lathe and had at it. It looks like Hell inside (but you can't see it), but I managed to get the receiver somewhat bedded into the stock.

As for the flash hider, Jesus himself could not get it to go over the front sight dovetail. The hole in the flash hider is too small in diameter. I have tried to pound it on the barrel using the rubber hammer, and managed to get it started, but when I removed the flash hider, I could see where the front sight dovetail was cutting metal on the flash hider. It ain't the right size for my rifle, and that is all that there is to it.

As for the fake can, it goes on the barrel not even half way before it wedges on tightly. No way in Hell I can I pound it on enough to install the pin. It ain't the right size either.

As mentioned, this is a brand new, bone stock 10/22. I do have the stock finally installed, but it was about as far from "drop in" as was possible. I don't know what I will do with the fake can. I guess I will try to ream it out somewhat just to get it on the barrel.

Other than that, I do like the stock. It is very sturdy judging from the abuse I have given it so far.

Did you put the safety in between on and off (floating between)?

No kidding. With this stock that only applies for the first little bit of the insertion process. Very quickly the safety emerges from the stock and no longer is an issue.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lector View Post
    Who cares about the East prov.
    People who shoot in these provinces and dealer who want to sell stuff.....

WOW. I can't believe I didn't see this earlier!

G36k is one of my favourite rifles, and this baby looks just like it!

So all I need is a stock 10/22 and the kit from hical? And 10/22 is non-Restricted too, right? I'm so excited