Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No reply ??

BANNED
    Sounds to me like they are being reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Timoffee View Post
    Sounds to me like they are being reasonable.
    Reasonable eh ? Lies aren't reasonable to me, it's BS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer agilent_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R1-Dave View Post
    Reasonable eh ? Lies aren't reasonable to me, it's BS.
    Perhaps you should handle this like a man, rather than a 12yr old? Give them a call, and talk to John. Maybe also explain how you came to the conclusion it's the same gun?!?

Agree with all the above posters that these whiny, ##### threads have to stop.

BANNED
    You praised them in one thread and crucify in another.

Sometimes stuff happens, emails disappearing, computers not working, etc............

A little patience goes a long way, become hostile with a retailer and see how far that gets you and what kind of service you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by R1-Dave View Post
    Tough guy ? Shooting my mouth off ? What are you talking about ?

I want people to see how they deal with customers. It's not good business at all.
    your doing us a favour - I think - good for you

i can't justify how is it so hard to SPEAK to someone on the phone.... don't be phone shy.
    Member of NFA

Maybe things with Marstar haven't gone very smooth with this purchase but you have not gone about this the right way either. Speaking to someone directly onthe phone and having a little bit of patience goes a long way.
    Ride Hard, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar

Complaints and problerms

When we, as buyers, purchase an item, we expect it to be up to certain standards. In the case of a firearm, it should last a reasonable length of time and perform satisfactory. However, with any manufactured item, there are bound to be problems. If we have 99% quality control, then there is still one item out of a hundred that has a problem with it.

With the OP here, he has had a problem, and is frustrated with the circumstances of attempting to rectify it. In the real world things do not go smoothly, and as mentioned, "S**t happens." The time line apparently looks like this:

7-20 The OP makes a post that he has received no reply after 7 days to his e-mails, where he has been told to send the firearm back and it would be replaced.

7-20 JOHNONE replies that the OP has a genuine complaint, and does he want a replacement or a refund.

7-20 (Post # 5) The OP is still being reasonable, states that it is not the Dealers fault, and wants a replacement.

7-21 (Post #12) JOHNONE checks the problem. He then states that there was no paperwork as to the OP's wishes. He then states that an identical revolver was pulled from stock, and was awaiting approval from the CFC since July 18th.

7-21 (Post # 15) The OP is apparently still reasonable, despite the criticism he has had for voiceing his problems on the Forum. He agrees that things do happen that are beyond control or circumstances. It looks like he now has a solution and an explanation to his problem, and is satisfied with the outcome.

8-04 (Post # 18) The op is now pissed off. He apparently has received the original revolver back, instead of the replacement one he was promised. He can identify this one by "the plating coming off the hammer."

Anyone who has collected guns or uses them a fair bit can usually identify their gun. There are certain nicks, scratches, dings, blemishes, and other little things that a person will see that are individual to his particular firearm, and by which he can identify his from a table full of others. In this case, it appears that the plating was coming off the hammer, a condition that almost anyone would notice.

No wonder that he is pissed off! I, and almost anyone on this forum would be too, if it was apparent that you were promised a replacement, and received the same one back that you sent in. Especially if you were told that it was being replaced, and part of the delay was the transfer being delayed by the CFC for approval. I would get the feeling that I was being jerked around and being lied to.

A check of the serial numbers should confirm that the firearm is the same one sent in for replacement, or is the replacement firearm. If it is the replacement, then the OP's position is suspect. However, if it is the original revolver, as the OP claims it is, then he has been treated badly, and he has a very valid right to be incensed.

The replies and posts to this one are going to be interesting.
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doublelung View Post
    Why don't you call and talk to him directly instead of being a keyboard tough guy?? No one knows if your claims have any truth to them or not and a public forum is not the place to start shooting your mouth off.

DL
    you guys are hilarious. A public forum is a perfect place to voice discontent with service. This guy is getting terrible service. Get your head out of your ass and see this.
    隱藏在自圓其說

BANNED
    Buying local sometimes is a better idea.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast