Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: No reply ??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    a simple CHECK OF THE SERIAL NUMBER would confirm as to which pistol he got- there could be cocieveably 2 with identical "flaking"

Quote Originally Posted by asphalt599 View Post
    Maybe things with Marstar haven't gone very smooth with this purchase but you have not gone about this the right way either. Speaking to someone directly onthe phone and having a little bit of patience goes a long way.
    It's called the Drama Queen Syndrome.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer doublelung's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    you guys are hilarious. A public forum is a perfect place to voice discontent with service. This guy is getting terrible service. Get your head out of your ass and see this.

Really?? When for some reason the guy can't be bothered to pick up the phone and call. Unless he's a mute or something I would think that any reasonable person would take that step before acting like a little ##### crying to everyone else about it on a public forum.

Most guys I know would prefer to deal with someone directly if they felt they were wronged as opposed to hiding behind their computer sending emails. But then again most guys I know don't sit down when they pee.

DL
    I'm your Huckleberry !!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by t-star View Post
    a simple CHECK OF THE SERIAL NUMBER would confirm as to which pistol he got- there could be cocieveably 2 with identical "flaking"
    Could be that Pietta has had plating problems. Could be that more than one gun has poor plating.
    But surely a simple check of the serial numbers would determine if its the same revolver or not.
    Perhaps the OP could check the serial on the transfer paperwork for the first one with the serial on the second, and let us know if the serials are the same.
    If the serials are different, then the claim that Marstar returned the original pistol is, well, suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Could be that Pietta has had plating problems. Could be that more than one gun has poor plating.
    But surely a simple check of the serial numbers would determine if its the same revolver or not.
    Perhaps the OP could check the serial on the transfer paperwork for the first one with the serial on the second, and let us know if the serials are the same.
    If the serials are different, then the claim that Marstar returned the original pistol is, well, suspicious.
    I gotta think the OP would have checked the serial number before he made this accusation, just because it would be so incredibly short-sighted and stupid not to.
    Last edited by jethunter; 08-05-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Super Moderator
    You'd think that, wouldn't you? But all he mentionned was a finish blemish.

CGN Regular
    by the looks of this thread you have to wonder if the op hasn't confused a ''peeling finish'' with color case hardening

same serial number? Yes ,no OP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    You'd think that, wouldn't you? But all he mentionned was a finish blemish.
    I would hardly consider that plating that was flaking off a NEW firearm as a mere "finish blemish."

If it was flaking off a NEW firearm, you would have thought that the Dealer would have looked at the firearm before it was shipped, especially considering he had an unhappy customer to make things right to.

superoxide asks about possible confusion. "by the looks of this thread you have to wonder if the op hasn't confused a ''peeling finish'' with color case hardening". The area in question is apparently on the hammer.

browning, nb sums it up nicely when he says. "same serial number? Yes ,no OP. " Since the OP started this thread, I think it is up to him to give an answer to that question.

Alternately, a positive statement from JOHNONE that the revolver in question was actually replaced with a new one, and that the OP did NOT get his original firearm back might be posted.

This is getting better all the time. I wonder which one of the affected parties will be the first to reply!
    Last edited by buffdog; 08-05-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

CGN Regular
    while, I'm all for calling out a vendor when warranted, after several purchases over the years and dealings with Marstar and John and staff, i see no fault with there service.

if you follow their instructions for return or refund for warranty, which are posted on there site for all to see, the section states to return with a letter to explain why and a whatfor.

we live in an instant gratification society, i want it now and it has to be perfect to my standards!

John i seriously hope and wish you the best in dealing with this new and present group of young people who think they are your only customer and if made to wait for more then 30 seconds they #####.