Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P VTAC Pistol

CGN Regular
    VTAC sights have been known to lose the fibre optic tube in the front sights.Not to rain on your parade but it looks nice but other than the the sights, it is just an m&p 9 with a paint job. Save your 300 bucks and buy the m&p 9 range kit that comes with 3 mags, blade tech holster and ear plugs for 1/3 less of what you would pay for this. I was going to go the same route but the range kit is a better buy. I am not speaking from experience but the sights have an opening in them for the fibre optics rod...this spooks me out. It looks nice but the $300 difference over a regular m&p is a bit steep. That extra 300 bucks could go to 1000 rds of 9mm.Nothing some krylon paint couldn't do. Still a nice whip though.I knew of a person who also had the cz shadow and same thing with the front sight.Watch this series of vids. If your a holster draw kinda a person i can see these sights losing the rod. Side note..Sig p226 contrast sights are the best in the business... in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI0IniFh2Ro

^^^^ Ummm yeah, ok. If the sights crap out on me then i will just replace them. As for the "Economist" point of view, that may be good for you, as for myself, i've spent $300 on worse. So far, really liking the gun itself. Sights are quick to pick up. Good for me for the time being.
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer notsorichguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R700 View Post
    VTAC sights have been known to lose the fibre optic tube in the front sights.Not to rain on your parade but it looks nice but other than the the sights, it is just an m&p 9 with a paint job. Save your 300 bucks and buy the m&p 9 range kit that comes with 3 mags, blade tech holster and ear plugs for 1/3 less of what you would pay for this. I was going to go the same route but the range kit is a better buy. I am not speaking from experience but the sights have an opening in them for the fibre optics rod...this spooks me out. It looks nice but the $300 difference over a regular m&p is a bit steep. That extra 300 bucks could go to 1000 rds of 9mm.Nothing some krylon paint couldn't do. Still a nice whip though.I knew of a person who also had the cz shadow and same thing with the front sight.Watch this series of vids. If your a holster draw kinda a person i can see these sights losing the rod. Side note..Sig p226 contrast sights are the best in the business... in my opinion.

That is a common problem with all fibre sights...... That is why you get so many spares when you buy one...... BTW the 'opening' you speak of is there to light get to the front sight so that it "lights up"

The $300 differance is in the sights and internals, not just the 'paint job'. Price out a decent set of aftermarket sights, an apex kit and an armco trigger job...... Then you will be close to the Vtac in the box.....

Cheers!
    AKA: M14medic.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    I don't care what he says. I love this pistol. I already have a standard that I've put stuff into and after putting out the $300 extra, I still feel I bought a deal. How much do you pay for a P226R, these days? Exactly! Should I be upset that I spent the same amount of money on that? I don't think so. I like my VTAC and my regular M&P better then any SigSauer I've ever owned. Or any other pistol, for that matter. As was said earlier, I've spent more money on things that were not as pleasing or just plain rediculous. This discussion is about some people who were excited to get their VTAC. Everyone has a different oppinion on everything. Like my mom used to say, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" Lol!

So?
    Who here still loves their VTAC?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude in G.P. View Post
    ^^^^ Ummm yeah, ok. If the sights crap out on me then i will just replace them. As for the "Economist" point of view, that may be good for you, as for myself, i've spent $300 on worse. So far, really liking the gun itself. Sights are quick to pick up. Good for me for the time being.
    Oh!
    And exactly right. Nothing lasts forever. Works good for me right now too. If we were all budget minded we would all go out and buy Norinco .22lr pistols, go buy smart cars, never go to a clothing store other then Walmart, turn off our internet and play Scrabble to pass the time. Boring!!!!

This is a great looking gun. I'm an M&P fan and this seems like a badass version of a proven gun. I'm assuming other than the trigger job and Viking sights the internals are phosphated a la the Sig 220 Combat Green. Is there a mag disconnect on this beauty?

Congrats on yer new piece!

Great... just what I need... another gun drool over, lust after, and eventually buy even though I can't afford it.
    myeh... I guess it could be worse!
    -Briggsy "World Champion Thread Killer"
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -The Dalai Lama

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:" -Luke 11:21

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSTANG View Post
    Oh!
    And exactly right. Nothing lasts forever. Works good for me right now too. If we were all budget minded we would all go out and buy Norinco .22lr pistols, go buy smart cars, never go to a clothing store other then Walmart, turn off our internet and play Scrabble to pass the time. Boring!!!!
    HAH!!! That is classic, and right on the money!! Sometimes ya just gotta live life.

The other thing is, the VTAC is not my first handgun, but is quickly becoming one of my favs....
    Yep, it's like that.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R700 View Post

If you don't like them, don't buy one.

No one cares what you (or anyone else for that matter) would rather spend your cash on. Seriously.

Nice gun Mr. Seriously wish VTAC would release one in .45

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Also, keepin mind that in the US there is only $200 difference in price (and that's at full pop MSRP) - The "regular" M&Ps list at $569 and the VTACs list at $779. So really, that's less than the price of the sights alone, which sell for $240 per set from Viking Tactics.

And really, even with the skewed Canadian pricing, $300 is not bad for a durable PVD coated slide, FDE frame and an installed set of US$240 sights.

Yep, R700 was right. Will post up the review later.

Front sight fiber optic fell out around 900rds, entire front sight assembly was coming off around 400rds.

Will post more details and pics later.
    Yep, it's like that.....