Thread: two questions about M&P9 and ammo.

two questions about M&P9 and ammo.

Are you guys planning on getting a M&P 9mm Range kit in stock?

I want to try and buy few different ammo's for my 9mm handgun, is there any specific rules on ammo? or any kind of ammo is allowed?
    For example, is 'PCM 124gr fmj' and 'Blazer 115gr fmj' no problem to shoot in range?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by ryan1710; 08-10-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Depends on the range. Some have certain requirements some do not.

Usually if they do for pistol, they don't want you using something like steel core.

Usually restrictions will apply more to what you can shoot at what targets. Small indoor pistol ranges need you to use THEIR frangible ammo only if shooting high power rifle. Larger outdoor ranges might only let you shoot certain calibers at certain distance targets and have a MAX calilber size restriction.

For example, my range, rifle cannot be shot at the 50y gongs, I cannot shoot pistol at the 100y gongs, and the max caliber is 338 lapua.

So, for a typical range, if that ammo is the typical lead jacketed variety, unless you're M&P9 magically shoots a 50BMG cartridge, you're probably good to go with either of those options.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1710 View Post
    Are you guys planning on getting a M&P 9mm Range kit in stock?

I want to try and buy few different ammo's for my 9mm handgun, is there any specific rules on ammo? or any kind of ammo is allowed?
    For example, is 'PCM 124gr fmj' and 'Blazer 115gr fmj' no problem to shoot in range?

Thanks for your help.

The M&P Range and Carry kits are sold out at the current moment, but it is a product we will continue to carry and support.

If you would like us to order you one, please send me an email at websales@theshootingedge.com

The only ammo we do not allow on our range is steel core surplus, AP ammo or incendiary ammo.

Ammo such as MFS which has a mild steel jacket is safe to use in our range. The brands you listed, PMC and Blazer both make range safe ammo. If you have doubts, talk to one of our helpful range officers when you are in the facility!