Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: This .50 BMG owner says thankyou!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Only thing silly is your presumption. Stop being a newbie and do some research. Poco doesn't allow 50's for silly reasons you can research yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonard_e View Post
    Im pretty sure most ranges dont have that silly rule. And 30-378 is only a wimpy 30 cal anyway. Would my 35 Whelen be allowed at your range?
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by cam1936 View Post
    Nothing stopping you from taking it to a safe cutblock with a good backstop.
    Yup, who says you need a "range"

Quote Originally Posted by 9mikemike View Post
    They aren't even restricted, well not exactly true.

The bolt actions are fine but there is something uber scary about the semi's, or somebody's afraid we will have too much fun with them.
    There is nothing prohib about semi's in particular.
    The issue is that there are not that many semi auto models out there period, and most are made in the states which limits exports.
    The one illegal semi .50 in Canada is the original semi .50 to hit the market, the barrett M82.
    But going back in time to the Liberal government, an order in council was drafted that identified all the scary guns in existence that met all legal requirements and banned them just because they were scary.
    This is why a Steyr HS .50 M1 with a 5 round mag is a non-restrict, but a single shot Iver Johnson AMAC long-range rifle designed back in the day is a scary illegal gun.
    Now rumor has it the GM-6 Lynx is available in Canada... $13,500+tax though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Why?

My question is, why do the .50 cal. rifles cost so much more? I can see it being a bit more cause you have to have a few pounds more steel , but you still poke a hole in it ,mill a reciever and bolt or action of some sort and put a stock on it. Maybe a bit more money for a bigger drill bit or lathe?
    I would like to see the chinese or their importers wake up and say hey these foolish Canadians wil pay many thousands of dollars for a rifle that cost us $25. more to make than a .30 cal ,,lets make ten thousand of them and we can retail them for $1500. and make a wok full of cash, and then sell them norinco ammo for about $3. a round and make another wok full of cash.
    Just saying, I don't undestand the exhorbitant prices!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

We have shot a lot of this PMC ammo...good stuff, good price...

Expired Business
    BOBDBLDR;
    "lets make ten thousand of them and we can retail them for $1500"

I like your thinking, it would seem that our company has missed something here.... I tell you what, please get back to me with manufacturing cost and details, I will gladly give you the contract....
    As for ten thousand units, how many countries are you planning on supplying ??
    There would be a few too many for Canada....
    I look forward to doing business with you
    John

IBTL. John I love you sense of haha.

Bob, if people understood the forces involved when you fire a 50 cal cartridge these ridiculous posts and over simplified statements would hopefully end. I know its a pipe dream but do some reading guys before posting please.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    bobdbldr> Same reason factory Win Mag 300 cost 50% more than 30/06 or 308; yet reloading cost is exactly the same. Economy of scale.

Research/knowledge is your friend, nothing wrong with more reading, less posting.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    some mps seem to think the .50 cal is too big.....too heavy...too long.

these same mps think handguns are too small, too light, too portable

these and everything in the middle are great for criminals.....

so ban everything!

Only THEY can be trusted with guns and weaponry- they know whats best for us.
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewz View Post
    IBTL. John I love you sense of haha.

Bob, if people understood the forces involved when you fire a 50 cal cartridge these ridiculous posts and over simplified statements would hopefully end. I know its a pipe dream but do some reading guys before posting please.
    ...but it would be so exciting to shoot a super cheaply made 50 cal. Well, at least watch someone else do it while standing at a safe distance.
    Sweet

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast