Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: received my sks? no factory stamps/markings?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tuco Pike's Avatar
    What does SKS stand for?

Actually, what i learned is, if the serial number is 7 digits, your first digit is your year code. that is 1956+your first digit.

WINDEX, Good to remove the mess oil! Please get one in Canadian Tire.
    The sooner, the faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Pike View Post
    What does SKS stand for?
    English: Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova
    Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова
    Homer Simpson: [flipping frantically through the Bible] This book doesn't have any answers!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!

If it is a /26\ (Jainshe armory) 1957 would be correct.
    Although a 57 would have had a blade bayonet, a
    milled trigger group and long barrel lug etc. Could be a
    refurb.

Expired Business
    ESQUE;
    "Could be a refurb. "

How do you arrive at this conclusion ?
    I will repeat what we have said MANY times....We purchased these rifles directly from the Chinese Military....
    We were there when they removed them from storage in which they had been placed since the dat of manufacture....
    HOW could they be a refurb ?
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    1) The serial number first 2 digits plus the year trick for DoM ONLY works for Factory 26 rifles - NOT ANY OTHER FACTORY. The rifle being discussed is NOT Factory 26 and is NOT made in 1957 - it's probably made in the 1960's or 1970's.

2) The Marstar rifles from this import I have seen are all Factory 625 and Factory 306. Yes, I have bought one of each from the same batch, have detail stripped and compared them, and have handled dozens of examples of each. I have yet to see a Marstar rifle from this import that was not one of these two factories.

3) IMHO the rifle you are depicting is a Factory 625 rifle that for whatever reason did not get the factory roll stamp - mabe a manufacturing error that it was omitted. It is, however, a non-refurb PRC SKS in my opinion and worth what you paid for it. It's not a 306 as it lacks Factory 306 features - one of the most obvious being the serial numbers in arial font vice seriff.

You may find this thread illustrative. The rifles are not from Marstar, but are from the same batch of rifles imported from the same source at roughly the same time.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=459845
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Purchased 4 from Marstar so far, very happy with all of them. Some are marked with a factory 26 stamp and some are only serial numbers on receivers but all are unfired condition. One has a stamped trigger group and the other three milled trigger groups. It's hard to understand the markings on these guns but I take John's word as he is the expert and I'm sure he didn't buy these without first verifying what he was getting as with any prudent business purchase.

Expired Business
    KEN 1;
    Not only did we check them before buying them we checked during degreasing, inspection, repacking and shipping, we were there,,,,

John

Thanks for that John, I thought as much from the pictures you have posted on facebook and any other pictures of the guns in the crates and being degreased, etc you would care to share with us would be great. You and your staff are a class act and I will likely purchase more of these before they are gone.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast