Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: received my sks? no factory stamps/markings?

Yes, I bought something from Marstar. You share some picture of SKS with us should be great. We will likel purchase more SKS. I do.
    The sooner, the faster.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    With all the ideas to remove cosmoline nobody has come up with the one I learned.A gallon of good old gas works wonders and then bath in hot shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Raton57 View Post
    With all the ideas to remove cosmoline nobody has come up with the one I learned.A gallon of good old gas works wonders and then bath in hot shower.
    If you want to continue to pursue you firearms hobbies with a minimal of interference from other 'authority' members of your household...do *not* get caught taking rifles into the shower with you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    LOL! Come on, how many of us have a shower gun? Come on tell us we won't laugh I promise.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Just received it yesterday, cleaned all the cosmo off except the stock which I'll do at a later date. Poor kitteh decided to stick his paw in the paint thinner so I had to emergency shower him...that went well....

Very happy with the rifle so far. Just wondering on the date/other info just for curiosity, doesn't effect my view on the rifle at all. I'm panning on getting some photos, probably tomorrow....but the Serial number threw me off as it starts with a 0. mine is:

Everything other than the receiver has 03795 stamped on it (butt/bolt/trigger g/mag/.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardoger View Post
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. Just received it yesterday, cleaned all the cosmo off except the stock which I'll do at a later date. Poor kitteh decided to stick his paw in the paint thinner so I had to emergency shower him...that went well....

Very happy with the rifle so far. Just wondering on the date/other info just for curiosity, doesn't effect my view on the rifle at all. I'm panning on getting some photos, probably tomorrow....but the Serial number threw me off as it starts with a 0. mine is:

Everything other than the receiver has 03795 stamped on it (butt/bolt/trigger g/mag/.
    Check out this http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=537183 Thread for info on deciphering where/when your rifle was made. Great GREAT info

Got two yesterday. No markings aswell except for serial numbers. Also they had different stocks. One had the sling swivel on the side. That one had great quality wood. The other had the swivel on the bottom of the stock. That one had cheap wood. The inside wood of the stock is all flaky and looks like Ikea wood...lol

I clean with 1/3 Kero, 1/3 ATF, 1/3 mineral spirits

I use to take my C7 into the shower to clean...also my combat boots to break them in.

sks marstar
    I recieved two in the last 6 months
    the first one was 9 out of 10 minior dings, it has #2 in a diamond beside the trigger.
    the second sks looked and felt like they used rotten wood and forgot to finish sanding it. it has a triangle with a dash through it in front of the serial #.
    I put the second rifle into an ATI folding stock,,both rifles fire flawlessly, 150 yards one can... of dead Zombies
    Last edited by Diesel Rebel; 12-03-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast