Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: received my sks? no factory stamps/markings?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ndb86 View Post
    English: Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova
    Russian: Самозарядный карабин системы Симонова
    Self loading Siminov carbine.

drop parts in a varsal bath for cleaning.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    i use lemon pledge, dont laugh it works!
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Regular
    i have one of the no factory stamp sks's and i got out to the range this morning

what a blast .... shot 100 rounds and the gun and ammo worked like a charm

now this is the first gun i have fired (almost); but i found it very accurate

the gunsmith that was there looked it over for and though the barrel looked really good

i want another one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    Check out this http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...d.php?t=537183 Thread for info on deciphering where/when your rifle was made. Great GREAT info
    Thanks for the link, looked through it before but got confused.

After a second read through it looks as though the one I have is an early of the mid models (if that makes sense). All parts seem to be milled: Short barrel lug (threaded), milled receiver, non stamped trigger guard, non lightened carrier, 2 sided pin (not three). N for the battle setting. Only thing missing is the Arsenal stamp. no biggie.

Took er out to the range yesterday afternoon. Very happy, very smooth, very accurate hitting 4" groupings at 100 yards (supported) without any adjusting (using 100 m setting). Ate through my 200 MFS rounds in no time. Clip worked perfectly, no jams, no extracting issues, no slam fires.

I had to laugh though because an army dude was beside my using his ruger (no sure what model) .22 with drum mag. He had to stop every 8-10 rnds because of jams or mag issues.

Overall, very impressed with the rifle. Thanks John and the Marstar team.

serial numbers

the numbers on the receiver are the whole serial number. The parts then are stamped with the last numbers rather than stamp all the numbers. Its how they are done. The exception is some of the ones in the US were tracked for date of import by adding a letter after or some rare cases in front of the serial number. This was for import code only. Numbers that are what we call the original factory triangle 26 guns made from Russian parts (until the Chinese got all their production going on the Russian machinery given them in 1956) will sometimes have a letter and short number these are Russian receivers that were marked and given to Chinese to get started we refer to them here in the US as sino soviet The factory triangle 26 were stamped by hand some times below wood line and usually faint but on the early 56 guns always after the serial number.

pictures look fine... but when was the last time you washed your feet ?????

:D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    KEN 1;
    Not only did we check them before buying them we checked during degreasing, inspection, repacking and shipping, we were there,,,,

John
    I may be an idiot, but are you saying you degrease them (remove all the cosmoline), inspect, then RE APPLY cosmoline for repacking and shipping?
    Proud member of ATU Local 113

This may be a little of topic but, is there much difference in quality between a 26 and a 306?
    A gun in the hand is worth two in the bush

Bath and Body Works has some awesome stuff to get all that cosmoline out from under those toe nails!

Jokes aside, I saw a youtube video on cleaning the sks and the guy used concentrated Green Works in warm water and it worked just fine. I bought some at Home Depot and will be cleaning my new Chinese SKS one of these days!

Cheers!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast