received my sks? no factory stamps/markings?

idunno1987

Regular
Just wondering what his means received my first chinese sks from marstar cleaned the cosmoline off of it, and noticed there are no factory markings whatsoever on the weapon just matching serial numbers and an extra 2 numbers on the side of the receiver before the serial number...on your website it stated that these came from factory 26? also noticed alot of stock imperfections
is the trigger group stamped?

pics are up, let me know if any more pics are needed id like to find out all I can about my sks

symbol on stock

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

side of the receiver (notice the extra 16, no factory markings)

serial number on stock

serial number on bolt

upside down serial number on bolt carrier :)

t stamp on bolt carrier

2 stamp on bolt

serial number on trigger group

trigger group

serial number on magazine

pic of sks

front of sks

rear of sks

Last edited:
My guess it's they are mix,because i did order a chineese from another dealer it was stating the same thing and i received a factory 316 with 3 chineese symbol (type 56 in chineese).

For it doesnt really matter since the feature i wanted(milled receiver,screw in barrel and chrome line barrel) are there,but it have a stamped trigger group.

So overall it was a good deal,fun to remove de cosmoline :)

ive been doing the pouring the boiling water and wearing rubber gloves working good so far, put the stock wrapped in newspapers,in a black garbage bag ,in the back of my car windows and let it bake in the sun,checked it every 20 mins and wiped cosmo off, may end up baking in the oven to speed up the process, I also dont have the tools to disassemble the bolt (aka no punches) so im hoping boiling water gets that firing pin free

Little off topic, but what is the best way to remove cosmoline? idunno 1987, congrats on a really nice looking gun!

I did the steam trick,worked real good.

idunno 1987

As for the bolt i dont think boilling without desasemble the bolt will work,i tried it(was too lazy to take the punch lol),so i finally take the bolt apart to do a real nice clean since it's a vital part of the rifle if you dont want to get caught with slam fire.

Sino Soviet? Is there a little star on the left rear side of the receiver?

I think that a lot more is going to be learned about the Chinese SKS as more of them enter the country, just like the Russian versions.

Chinese SKS rifles

Sino Soviet? Is there a little star on the left rear side of the receiver?

I think that a lot more is going to be learned about the Chinese SKS as more of them enter the country, just like the Russian versions.

Chinese SKS rifles have been imported into Canada since the 1980's. I bought one in 1985 in Victoria for $169.00

bwahaha I know :), no star on the left side of the receiver...gonna try and go buy a punch to finish off the bolt and well the rest of the rifle :D, again any help identifying this would be great

thanks

Mike

Chinese SKS rifles have been imported into Canada since the 1980's. I bought one in 1985 in Victoria for $169.00

Yeah, but BIG shipments are coming in lately, and people are starting to get interested in the history of these rifles. Notice how the OP's question hasn't been definitively answered yet?

Just a thought... The parts are not always marked with complete serial number, only 4-6 last digits. The complete serial # of the gun includes "16" and presented on the receiver only.
Trigger group is stamped, no doubt.

s>

I am a bit of a joke sooo what is the serial # could they not have use a 2 or a 5 or something of the sort?

so is it 1609066
or is it 9906091 LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom