Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My experience with the Edge

CGN Regular

My experience with the Edge

Hey all,

Just thought I would share my recent experience with TSE. Recently I decided on getting an indoor membership and after weighing options with the Calgary Shooting Centre and TSE, I chose to get a membership with the edge.

The whole time before I purchased anything and was gathering info I was treated like gold by all the staff, somthing that is pretty rare for a 20 year old in any retail situation.
    I did some shooting in the rifle bay on my first visit with a membership (I only have non-res at the moment) and after being around a couple .308's and my shotgun I left with a ringing in my ears. I was wearing plugs and muffs but I dont think I get a good seal due to my glasses having thicker arms, and due to this I honestly didnt really have any desire to shoot rifles indoors anymore.

I asked JR if he would consider a refund on my membership, less the days use that I had already used. JR said he absolutly would and when I went in to drop off my swipe card I was given a FULL refund.

Just wanted to share my awesome customer service I recieved at the edge, When I get my restricted and my PRK eye surgury I am deffinatly interested in getting a membership again.

Thanks!

Offical The Shooting Edge Rep. TSE_Justin's Avatar
    Sorry it didn't work out, but I'm glad you were happy with our service and staff.

The noise/concussion is always something to consider when it comes to indoor ranges, and is also subjective to the individual. My co-workers and krausb think I'm crazy wearing only SureFire EP4's in the rifle bay, but it's comfortable to me.

Check us out again in the future, we'll be glad to have you as a member.

-Justin
    Last edited by TSE_Justin; 07-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer new and novice's Avatar
    I am from Montreal, and currently live in Vancouver. But I have loads of friends in Calgary.

When my love of shooting sports eventually spreads to them, I will let them know about TSE based on this thread.

my .357 mag is almost too much for me indoors....I can't imagine short barreled rifles indoors.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by D-BOMB View Post
    Hey all,

Just thought I would share my recent experience with TSE. Recently I decided on getting an indoor membership and after weighing options with the Calgary Shooting Centre and TSE, I chose to get a membership with the edge.

The whole time before I purchased anything and was gathering info I was treated like gold by all the staff, somthing that is pretty rare for a 20 year old in any retail situation.
    I did some shooting in the rifle bay on my first visit with a membership (I only have non-res at the moment) and after being around a couple .308's and my shotgun I left with a ringing in my ears. I was wearing plugs and muffs but I dont think I get a good seal due to my glasses having thicker arms, and due to this I honestly didnt really have any desire to shoot rifles indoors anymore.

I asked JR if he would consider a refund on my membership, less the days use that I had already used. JR said he absolutly would and when I went in to drop off my swipe card I was given a FULL refund.

Just wanted to share my awesome customer service I recieved at the edge, When I get my restricted and my PRK eye surgury I am deffinatly interested in getting a membership again.

Thanks!
    Hey D-Bomb, I had the same problem initially with a few different indoor ranges, but IIRC included with the TSE membership is a coupon for a $15 discount on a set of custom moulded ear plugs.

I was always vehemently opposed to using those moulded plugs, but after hearing other guys who had them, I changed my mind.

Most inexpensive ear muffs and plugs from Canadian Tire, Princess Auto, etc. only have 19-20 dB noise reduction. Also, IIRC, doubling up on these doesn't actually increase the amount of noise reduction much more than what they're initially rated at.

The custom plugs have 32 dB noise reduction and, on their own is enough to take out the bite from being in an indoor range. If doubled up with muffs - they make shooting indoors very comfortable, regardless of the range you're at.

For $50, the plugs themselves are by far, one of the best shooting investments I've made. They're comfortable too. I wear the custom plugs when I'm outdoors and I've worn them for 8 hours straight during IDPA matches.

Maybe something you ought to consider.

Cheers!

CGN Regular
    I will deffinatly inquire about them next time I'm in the edge, Justin do you have a price on those?

I think I will deffinatly get a membership again once I get my restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by D-BOMB View Post
    after being around a couple .308's and my shotgun I left with a ringing in my ears. I was wearing plugs and muffs but I dont think I get a good seal due to my glasses having thicker arms, and due to this I honestly didnt really have any desire to shoot rifles indoors anymore.
    !
    Get the foam inner ear ones with the highest decible rating you can find. I think mine are around 30. Change them out when they wear.

Works great out door, even when someone beside you is using a brake, or a 5.9 inch carbine.

For indoors, I would put a set of earmuffs on top of that.

I am not in a rush to shoot rifle indoor either though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    I find the loudest/most annoying to be .223's with brakes/hiders but I double up on protection so even that isn't bad.
    sic semper tyrannis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer smak_daddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    I find the loudest/most annoying to be .223's with brakes/hiders but I double up on protection so even that isn't bad.
    Annoying??!!

Those guns are music to my ears.
    "Praise the lord and pass the ammunition" -- Natalie Maines

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    I don't mean the guns themselves just the noise/concussion when you are beside the lil' poodle shooters indoors.....
    I am sure people aren't enamored with my 460v at times.:D
    sic semper tyrannis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast