Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR Barrels...

Mark, do you have any plans to bring in ACRs, pre install the non-restricted barrels, and sell them as a ready to go unit? And are there going to be finish options for the barrels? I'm not a big fan of the raw stainless look.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatech View Post
    Mark, do you have any plans to bring in ACRs, pre install the non-restricted barrels, and sell them as a ready to go unit? And are there going to be finish options for the barrels? I'm not a big fan of the raw stainless look.
    We have a small number of ACR's in-stock now, (we imported ACR's back about a year ago, before the RCMP "froze" the FRT # for their "review"). We did the developement work on the 18.7" barrel and then everything got frozen so we couldn't process the "non-restriced" registrations... until this week.

Interesting side note... if you check the RCMP's on-line FRT page for the semi-auto BACR you'll see Questar's name listed as the "Importer"... though in reality at this point my understanding is that the "importer" is going to be Gravel.

I believe we'll shortly have 2 or 3 ACR's available for purchase... they will be non-restricted 18.7" length barrel versions of the US rifles (not the "Canadian" version that Gravel had Bushmaster build for them to comply with their export permits. Our export permit (last year) was actually less restrictive than the permit issued to Bushmaster.

I know we also have a @ 12" ACR that we built and test fired. It's really a nice gun (balance is outstanding)... not sure if we'll sell that one or hang on to it.

Mark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Mark,

Email sent

If the price isn't out to lunch id like to get one how much?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post

I believe we'll shortly have 2 or 3 ACR's available for purchase...
    When and how much?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spectacular View Post
    When and how much?
    Since Questar's ACR's aren't the watered down "Canadian" versions, expect to pay about, $4,200 or more. I believe the base rat versions still go for about $3,900.

It's a tough call, they're nice units forsure but at those prices a Swiss rifle with NEA lower may trump it. The guys that pre-ordered the SCAR's paid about $4,500. If that were me, at those prices it would've been way easier to justify a battle proven SCAR over the new unpredictable ACR...

Jus my 2cents

Watered Down?

So an izzy muzzle break and 16.5" barrel instead of "presumably" an AAC Blackout or A2 birdcage and an 18.7" barrel is the standard measurement of watered down? Interesting...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CXDobber View Post
    So an izzy muzzle break and 16.5" barrel instead of "presumably" an AAC Blackout or A2 birdcage and an 18.7" barrel is the standard measurement of watered down? Interesting...
    No dum dum, the watered down version has the standard stock (Not folding or collapsible) and the standard forend, no quad rail...

Watered down.

Dum Dum? That's mature. It was determined in previous posts on the subject that the picture that was posted for the ACR ad was indeed the rifle ordered. It was a typo about the standard fore end in the ad. I believe Sask. Gun works "Canadian" version does have the quad rail. Also since I do not work at Questar and am not privy to their stock of merchandise, I am unaware if they ordered 4 enhanced, 4 basic or a combination of said ACR's, making your assumption that all 4 of them will have the collapsable stock and quad rail speculation at best. My point in my last statement was that the only for sure difference was the izzy break and the extra 2.2" on the SS barrel.
    Last edited by CXDobber; 08-01-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added more text. Tried to be nicer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calshooter View Post
    Since Questar's ACR's aren't the watered down "Canadian" versions, expect to pay about, $4,200 or more. I believe the base rat versions still go for about $3,900.

It's a tough call, they're nice units forsure but at those prices a Swiss rifle with NEA lower may trump it. The guys that pre-ordered the SCAR's paid about $4,500. If that were me, at those prices it would've been way easier to justify a battle proven SCAR over the new unpredictable ACR...

Jus my 2cents
    YIKES!

I'll pass. :D

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast