Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR Barrels...

BANNED
    The RCMP are probably just gona reclassify the ACR to restricted anyway along with many others this fall.. beware ..

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CXDobber View Post
    Dum Dum? That's mature. It was determined in previous posts on the subject that the picture that was posted for the ACR ad was indeed the rifle ordered. It was a typo about the standard fore end in the ad. I believe Sask. Gun works "Canadian" version does have the quad rail. Also since I do not work at Questar and am not privy to their stock of merchandise, I am unaware if they ordered 4 enhanced, 4 basic or a combination of said ACR's, making your assumption that all 4 of them will have the collapsable stock and quad rail speculation at best. My point in my last statement was that the only for sure difference was the izzy break and the extra 2.2" on the SS barrel.
    Just kdding on the dum dum, shoulda used a

My point was that the Canadian versions are very basic and still worth a pretty penny. BTW another forsure differance is also the folding stock, IIRC Questar was the only dealer that managed to get any of the enhanced versions.

CGN frequent flyer
    RCMP cannot reclassify whatever they want. Remember the RCMP will probably be hit by huge budget cuts and the fat that will need to be cut includes the huge firearms bureaucracy...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Baiting us with a non-rest. ACR with no dates and price is mean.

Actually they'll ban all firearms this fall so PM me your addy and I'll take away all your firearm to avoid you the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcviking View Post
    The RCMP are probably just gona reclassify the ACR to restricted anyway along with many others this fall.. beware ..
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcviking View Post
    Well THAT'S certainly putting out the positive vibes.... NOT
    bullets, powder, primers, and case lots of CCI Blazer

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calshooter View Post
    Since Questar's ACR's aren't the watered down "Canadian" versions, expect to pay about, $4,200 or more. I believe the base rat versions still go for about $3,900.

It's a tough call, they're nice units forsure but at those prices a Swiss rifle with NEA lower may trump it. The guys that pre-ordered the SCAR's paid about $4,500. If that were me, at those prices it would've been way easier to justify a battle proven SCAR over the new unpredictable ACR...

Jus my 2cents
    I hate to burst your bubble or confuse you with actual facts but let's set the record straight on a few things...

• The FN SCAR's sold for $3,699.99 (plus tax) not $4,500 as you stated;
    • On the Questar Non-Restricted ACR's, I have no idea where you pulled that "$4,200 or more" guess from, it's simply laughable.
    • We're expecting the Basic ACR with our 18.7" non-restricted barrel to be @ $2,899.99 to $2,999.99 (plus tax and shipping)

Most of the guns available right now are FDE/Tan versions... finding Black has been next to impossible right now.

Also, current export permit won't allow export of folding or collapsable stocks so the BASIC/ORC versions are all that are exportable for us right now.

Mark

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    The FN SCAR's sold for $3,699.99 (plus tax) not $4,500 as you stated;
    • On the Questar Non-Restricted ACR's, I have no idea where you pulled that "$4,200 or more" guess from, it's simply laughable.
    • We're expecting the Basic ACR with our 18.7" non-restricted barrel to be @ $2,899.99 to $2,999.99 (plus tax and shipping)
    First of all, those were the figures dealers and the likes were throwing around when the ACR was first a thought, your staff included. However, I should have been more clear that the numbers I was using were "to your door" pricing. I always use "all in" numbers because thats the number that counts on the credit card statement. My applogies for not being more clear.

There are still dealers out there that are pricing the ACR at about $3900 all said and done, depending on where you live. Also that's just for the basic version, I was told you guys managed to get some with folders and rails, so it was logical to assume that they would've been a couple hundred more. I wasn't totally out to lunch, but it is nice to see that you have lowered your pricing to be better competitive.

As far as SCAR goes my apologies, depending on where you lived they came in around the 4000 range. I should've known not to trust the internet, my bad.

If I don't get one of the first ones off of the line, there better be a solid range review with pics. Don't be selfish, you lucky few.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calshooter View Post
    My point was that the Canadian versions are very basic and still worth a pretty penny. BTW another forsure differance is also the folding stock, IIRC Questar was the only dealer that managed to get any of the enhanced versions.
    The "Canadian" ACR version is black with the fixed stock and aluminium tri-rail/hand guard, just to clarify. Price was $3,125 plus applicable taxes/etc.

I don't believe there's a flash hider on the ACR, but since the plan was to always strip the factory barrel to utilize Questar's 18.7" NR match one instead - I didn't really care one way or the other (incidentally, the NR barrel is reportedly much lighter than the factory).

Add the folding/collapsible stock and flash hider and I'm all set.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    If I don't get one of the first ones off of the line, there better be a solid range review with pics. Don't be selfish, you lucky few.
    I thought I'd take a picture a week in stages, starting with the opening of the box... :D
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast