Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR Barrels...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    I know we also have a @ 12" ACR that we built and test fired. It's really a nice gun (balance is outstanding)... not sure if we'll sell that one or hang on to it.

Mark
    Mark, what are the chances of obtaining the piston and quick-release assemblies for the ACR from Bushmaster; slim to none...?
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."
    Tune in next week... Same
    Bat time, same Bat channel.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    The "Canadian" ACR version is black with the fixed stock and aluminium tri-rail/hand guard, just to clarify. Price was $3,125 plus applicable taxes/etc.

I don't believe there's a flash hider on the ACR, but since the plan was to always strip the factory barrel to utilize Questar's 18.7" NR match one instead - I didn't really care one way or the other (incidentally, the NR barrel is reportedly much lighter than the factory).

Add the folding/collapsible stock and flash hider and I'm all set.
    Thanks for clarifying that,

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxsun View Post
    Mark, what are the chances of obtaining the piston and quick-release assemblies for the ACR from Bushmaster; slim to none...?
    Doubtful... from what I've been told by at least one US aftermarket barrel maker, Bushmaster has refused to sell them these parts and has even told them that the parts are proprietary and protected by patent so that the barrel company can't make their own "duplicates" without infringing on the patents.

This would (just my opinion) be Bushmaster's way of trying to assure the sale of their own accessories rather than encouraging support from 3rd party developers. It kind of defeats the whole attraction that makes the AR platform so successful... but I think this will backfire on them.

For the moment anyway, the piston parts and locking lever are not available that we know of.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    If I don't get one of the first ones off of the line, there better be a solid range review with pics. Don't be selfish, you lucky few.
    +1

please guys =))
    collect guns from video games, anybody else does it?

ACR Documentation

I have been waiting for the day to arrive for what seems like forever...really only 8-10 months. I swear I stopped thinking about the stupid FRT about a week before it came through, resigning myself to the fact that it might be another year, then lo and behold it came through. I'll do my best to take lots of pictures when the ACR arrives. Already have some kit to dress it up in :>

Mark,

Any possibilities of sending our uppers in and having your team do the barrel?

Thanks!

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by md519 View Post
    Mark,

Any possibilities of sending our uppers in and having your team do the barrel?

Thanks!
    I don't see a problem with that, but no idea on what the cost will be. My understanding is that the Gravel imports will have pinned and welded Izzy Muzzle Breaks so getting the piston and locking pieces off the factory barrel will mean getting that muzzle break off.

Assuming you want to "save" your old barrel then it will be a bit of a chore to get the muzzle break off... the longer it takes the more the job costs. Easiest (fastest) solution is to just cut the barrel to remove the muzzle break and get the proprietary parts off that way. It would be up to you how you want us to do it.

Also, keep in mind that with the ACR the "upper" is considered the firearm (not the lower) and so you'll need to get an ATT to send us the upper. You don't need to send the whole upper though... ACR has an easy to remove barrel and all we need is the barrel assembly, not the whole upper receiver.

Mark

CGN Regular
    I'd definitely be interested in that 12" ACR. Also, anyone know roughly what it costs to get a barrel parkerized so we can have a black barrel on one of these?

EDIT: Also don't see the other ACR rifles on the website, are they in the process of being added?

CGN Regular
    Also, just curious as to why the gas block is hidden on the Canadian import models at Saskatoon Gun Works vs these? Is the rail shorter on these?

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jjr View Post
    I'd definitely be interested in that 12" ACR. Also, anyone know roughly what it costs to get a barrel parkerized so we can have a black barrel on one of these?

EDIT: Also don't see the other ACR rifles on the website, are they in the process of being added?
    We have more people asking us for guns than we have guns to sell... no point in putting anything up on the website, unless we actually import some more guns and that's still up in the air.

I have a list of people, some going back to last year, who asked us for a crack at our ACR's if and when the RCMP released the FRT #. Those people are being given first chance at the guns.

Mark

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast