Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military and Law Enforcement discount

Quote Originally Posted by Amazingkg3 View Post
    *fist pump*
    *double fist pump*
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I have read some dumb-ass posts in my day, but that sir takes the cake!

Quote Originally Posted by mike0101 View Post
    So if your in the military or law enforcement you get a discount, but if your not you pay a higher price. Why is that?

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer eaglesnester's Avatar
    Do you extend your mil disc to retired US military?
    Cheers: eaglesnester

Now I understand. A job they chose to do same as everyone else gets a discount. How about Doctors? They save lives. And Nurses. And the scientists that developed the drug that did save my life (that's no joke). I understand many jobs out there are difficult including my own. I grew up a military brat and did a short stint. But I chose a different career path when I got married. Why not just treat everyone the same and equal. We all have a part to play.

and doctors get discounts for medical items, pharmaceutical lobby groups give medical doctors free items and discounts, we dont. but people are ok with that because they are medical doctors, and we are not. L.E. and military get discounts on guns, what is the big deal mike????? basketball players get free shoes.... trucking company's give discounts to their drivers.....

Now I understand. A job they chose to do same as everyone else gets a discount. How about Doctors? They save lives. And Nurses. And the scientists that developed the drug that did save my life (that's no joke). I understand many jobs out there are difficult including my own. I grew up a military brat and did a short stint. But I chose a different career path when I got married. Why not just treat everyone the same and equal. We all have a part to play.

I mod everything of mine. Hell, my gf's sporting a wonderful pair of 36D's, thanks to my penchant for modifications!

Dirt McGirt Yo yall need ta holla at da store on yo celly not postin up in dis ma.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyguy View Post
    and doctors get discounts for medical items, pharmaceutical lobby groups give medical doctors free items and discounts, we dont. but people are ok with that because they are medical doctors, and we are not. L.E. and military get discounts on guns, what is the big deal mike????? basketball players get free shoes.... trucking company's give discounts to their drivers.....
    Thank you Frenchy, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's a perk of the profession, one that can be very hard (and very rewarding) and quite often if its not issued to you you're paying for it out of your own dime to run it despite it being part of your job.

CGN frequent flyer TheManInBlack's Avatar
    some people just dont get it
    隱藏在自圓其說

Because Doctor's don't get shot when they do a patrol in some country they don't care about, and doctor's done get stabbed to death over a warrant.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you know the difference between "Difficult" and "Life Endangering"

On that note, a lot of the equipment that these distributors give a LE/MIL discount on, we actually can use for work. I know that there is a bunch of equipment from Brownells, and other companies that support this site, that I use on a Daily basis. Having them help us out really saves some cash down the line, as I am going to need to get it from some wheres. It's not just gratuitous, it's smart for business.

Ok, ok. At least I got you guys talking. Relax. Amazingkg3, I do know the difference and you weren't being a dick and neither was I. Was worth the thought and discussion though. Most of my buds (also co-workers) are retired military and one brother in law is a retired meat head and another is an RCMP. They all laugh about the discounts and always offer to pick up stuff for me. Anyways, enjoy shopping and have a good long weekend if you were lucky enough to be off and with your families.

Everybody bring it in, were gonna group hug on this. And than buy some stuff from Jo-Brook.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast