Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River import service A++++

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    There has been a few changes recently due mostly to the ever changes US rules. Here, from our website, it the recently updated import summary. BTW, things are moving extremely well right now(that can change in a hurry) and we've been seeing most firearms in less than six weeks!

As part of our routine business, we offer importing services of firearms and firearm related products from the US into Canada. This process is a surprisingly easy process for our clients. We look after all paperwork required on both sides of the border.

Normally, our clients make the purchase from a US retailer or private party and then let us know what they have purchased including make, model, caliber and serial number. At that time we will give instructions on where to have the firearm sent and provide a copy of the Federal Firearms License (FFL) that may be required by the seller. We will also need information from the client including his full name, address, phone number, PAL # and place of birth. You will be responsible for shipping to one of our locations in the US and should track your own parcel until we recieve it. Once delivered to one of our US locations we will take care of the rest. When we have the firearm at our local shop, we will register it and complete the transfer to the client. We will contact the client for payment and ship as soon as the transfer is approved and payment received

Most rifles and shotguns will take between four and twelve weeks, with an average time of eight weeks. This time frame can be longer in some circumstances depending on the firearm and how quickly the government agencies on both sides of the border process applications. Because of this, much of the timeline in the process is beyond our control. Clients must be aware that ‘prohibited’ weapons and those with flash suppressors or collapsible stocks cannot be imported from the US. Also note that handgun mags must be pinned to 10 rounds or less and may still cause problems or additional delays at the border.

Many clients choose to purchase firearms from American websites such as www.gunbroker.com and www.gunsamerica.com. If you are considering your first import we encourage you to contact us prior to making any purchase.

Our fee is $250 for one firearm and $200 for each additional firearm. We do offer further discounts when importing a larger number of firearms. The amount of discount will vary depending on the type and value of the firearms to be imported. For riflescopes and parts, contact us for a quote. Clients will also be required to pay 5% GST on the purchase price and, if the firearm is not made in North America, pay up to 7% duty. There may also be shipping charges from Lloydminster Alberta, to the client. This tends to range from $14 to $25 for a single firearm.

Call 780-875-0575 for details and ask for Melissa or click on the following link for email. mgulbraa@prophetriver.com
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Hate when the price goes up while I wait for a reply to my email but thems the breaks! Haven't heard anything but good things about the service.

If you inquired earlier, you will still get the former price of 195. We are sorry about the increase; its the US state paperwok is just getting crazy on most firearms.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Well, I've gotta say that's very generous and definitely how more businesses should be run! Thank you, Clay. I think we all appreciate the (hopefully!) minor loss of sanity you and your employees have probably suffered from dealing with the import process!

Imports

Clay is the best guy in the industry to deal with. He has good stuff at good prices. I reffer him to anyone who wants quality service at decent price.
    We appreciate your attitude and your services clay.
    Thank you.
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, IDPA, NFA, KRRC, NCRRA

Hi there! So lets say i want this beautiful ACR for 1700$
    roughly speaking 400$ more, 3 month waiting and stars that are aligned, it's here at my door steps or do i miss anything, it's seems to good to be tru
    collect guns from video games, anybody else does it?

Clay has been great to deal with. Brought up 2 rifles for me great price and great communicator. Thanks again for the great service.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluoci View Post
    Hi there! So lets say i want this beautiful ACR for 1700$
    roughly speaking 400$ more, 3 month waiting and stars that are aligned, it's here at my door steps or do i miss anything, it's seems to good to be tru
    i dont mind if they have to chop down the flash hider or wield it, should be a big expense

Mags would have to be pinned too and make sure the marking IS NOT 5.56 NATO but 223 Rem.
    www.prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Still sound to good to be true, and it lures me )))
    Thanks a lot!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast