Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River import service A++++

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    The barrel would have to be stamped .223. My Colt Sporter M4 Carbine was sent back to the exporter because the barrel was stamped 5.56. Which pissed me off because it was a post ban rifle. The current regs. for AR are no 5.56 chambered barrel ,no flash hiders or bayonet lugs.
    I'm looking into having Prophet River import an AR-180B I'm hoping I can purchase. It is non-restricted in Canada, but marked 5.56, and has a flash hider.

Does this mean it's a no go?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacjc View Post
    I tried to register on Gun Broker, but they wouldn't let me since we are in Canada.

Is there a secret to it?
    I had this issue as well. Send them a customer service request and tell them you have an FFL dealer that is willing to help with legal exportation of firearms and they will activate your account.

I finally got my 3 Sig 229s to the FFL for Export,I had a few misteps along the way,but none of them in any way relating to Prophet River

Just in case anyone else is in this position ,all 3 of these Pistols required the US Barrel and 12 rnd Mags be removed before Export,the first seller agreed to do it and then shipped them in the Pistols,could of had that fixed by PR but elected to return them,ended up getting all 3 Pistols through SigForum,the seller even pulled the Barrels and Mags and shipped them directly to 3 people that purchased them through SF,selling them down there helped offset the costs of the required Canadain 106mm Barrel and 10rnd Mags

Now it is just wait,trying to forget about them,until one day I get a nice suprise

The stellar reputation of PR and their Export Service is why I decided to use them,glad I did

CGN frequent flyer
    me too very happy.ordered up and got a pair of rifles shipped north of the border.Clay and Melissa did great.painless transaction.much easier than doing up your taxes.look at what rebel rouser posted on AR type rifles.do your homework before you buy.they can be exported but with restrictions....not our rules,their rules.so no flash hider,threaded muzzle,and collapsible or folding stock,as well as being marked 223 or 308,and not 5.56 or 7.62.

Export/Import services by ProphetRiver

Another happy customer here !!!

Thanks girls and guys - please stay in business!!!
    TRC
    BRRC
    CSSA Life Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer smak_daddy's Avatar
    Agreed.

Clay is A++++. I bought my Anschutz from him.

"Praise the lord and pass the ammunition" -- Natalie Maines

BANNED
    I would like to give a thumbs up to the import service provided.

After reading some of the reviews, it seemed like something I would try.
    The price is fair for not having to do anything really . Look at what others charge.

A few simple e-mails to get started, with fast replies to any questions.
    I made my purchase on Gunbroker.
    Followed the instructions provided and waited......and waited
    That is the only hard part....waiting. It sucks.... because you know you can buy it down the road for hundreds of dollars more and have it right away.

But you wait.

10 weeks later, you get a phone call, pay the final invoice and bingo. She is in your hands a few days later.
    Then you realize that waiting 10 weeks is worth saving close $500.

So, have no fear. It is simple.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post

A few simple e-mails to get started, with fast replies to any questions.
    I made my purchase on Gunbroker.
    Followed the instructions provided and waited......and waited
    That is the only hard part....waiting. It sucks.... because you know you can buy it down the road for hundreds of dollars more and have it right away.

But you wait.

10 weeks later, you get a phone call, pay the final invoice and bingo. She is in your hands a few days later.
    Then you realize that waiting 10 weeks is worth saving close $500.

So, have no fear. It is simple.
    The wait is killing me. I hit 10 weeks on thursday. I've been jumping at every phone call since the 6 week mark hopping its them. Bought my Sig P226 EE back in june had it stop at a gunsmith there in the US (more waiting) and now i'm waiting for the final leg of import. Its so close i could taste it. Maybe PR should offer a counseling service for those who can't stand the wait . Awesome service all the way though.

Clay is indeed a great option for bringing firearms in from the USA (or anywhere in the world probably).

I brought in a few Safari rifles and actions through Prophet River and the service was impeccable. There was a slight complication with one of the actions (out of Clay's control) and he was quick to make it right.

Prophet River undertands everything there is to know about the technicalities of importing and exporting firearms, so it really is a one stop shop for anything you find stateside.

Tell them what you want... wait... pay... play.

Uber Super GunNutz geraldbergeron's Avatar
    Many thanks to Melissa !

Easy transaction.

Two months and this Montana 45-90 Shiloh BPCR at my door !!

Very happy with this USA import transaction !!

Would do business again !!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast