Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prophet River import service A++++

Thumbs up Prophet River import service A++++

Just wanted to post a thank you note for the great service you provided in importing my first US firearm. And specifically a thank you to Melissa who explained the process in detail to this newbie and answered all my emails promptly.

The process took a few months - bear in mind though that part of this wait was due to the CFO here in Bantario though!!! But I feel the overall cost for this was very reasonable and they handled my gun with care and kept me posted along the way - VERY SMOOTH TRANSACTION.

So, for those of you wondering what I got, it is a S&W 57-1 with 6" tube in 41mag manufactured in 1986. It is in excellent condition and I purchased it from a Nevada pawn shop online.
    Got all the ingredients to load and try it, but all I lack is time....anybody got any of this for cheap?

Thanks and I will not hesitate now to use your service in the future.:D
    CD
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Wow! I may ask them for help as well. What kind of fees are connected with the process if You don't mind me asking?
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN frequent flyer
    Congratulations on your new purchase, and thanks for your posting your experience with the import. I've heard nothing but positive comments regarding the process (aside from the delay).

I just picked up a Marlin carbine in 41 Mag and an S&W 57 would be a sweet companion --- I might have to start looking

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Are these folks able to do a AR upper?
    Specifically a LWRC, with a 14.5" permanently attached flashider to satisfy the DOS > 16" barrel length requirement?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    The barrel would have to be stamped .223. My Colt Sporter M4 Carbine was sent back to the exporter because the barrel was stamped 5.56. Which pissed me off because it was a post ban rifle. The current regs. for AR are no 5.56 chambered barrel ,no flash hiders or bayonet lugs.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

BANNED
    Clay is fantastic and I've had nothing but great service with importation through prophet river. Agree with the OP, A++++++
    He's done 2 imports now for me. Reasonable price and time.

post some pics if you get the chance! those S&W are pretty sweet!
    sm
    MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Member CCFR

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdill View Post
    Just wanted to post a thank you note for the great service you provided in importing my first US firearm. And specifically a thank you to Melissa who explained the process in detail to this newbie and answered all my emails promptly.

Thanks and I will not hesitate now to use your service in the future.:D
    CD
    Thank goodness for Melissa!! She does a great job for us and really has a handle on the import side of the business.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

BANNED
    I would def. deal with Profit river on this service or anything else for that matter!

Agreed that Clay and prophet river are the best to deal with. No BS, full disclosure and within minutes of first talking, Clay feels like an old friend. I am glad you got the revolver. It should be a lot of fun/

Randy

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast