Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Prophet River import service A++++

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    I'm in the process of doing my first import with them (3 rifles and a handgun). I'm at abotu the 7 weeks point of waiting, which is not unusual. So far it's been a good process.

My only real "complaint", if you can call it that, is that until they call you, i's really not clear how much money you need to have set aside to complete the importation. Their fee is clear, but it's a total mystery what duty, tax and shipping may cost.

I will say that I MUCH prefer PR (so far) to Questar.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Uber Super GunNutz geraldbergeron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    My only real "complaint", if you can call it that, is that until they call you, i's really not clear how much money you need to have set aside to complete the importation. Their fee is clear, but it's a total mystery what duty, tax and shipping may cost.
    I phoned Melissa and she gave me the total fees.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    I'm in the process of doing my first import with them (3 rifles and a handgun). I'm at abotu the 7 weeks point of waiting, which is not unusual. So far it's been a good process.

I will say that I MUCH prefer PR (so far) to Questar.
    Just wanted to clear this up a bit. Here is a quote from our "Importing" page on our website in regards to all fees including duty and shipping. Thanks for your business!

Our Fees:

Our fee is $250 for one rifle or handgun, $200 for a second, and $150 for each additional. Shotgun rates are $195 for one and $150 for each additional. We can also bring in smaller items such as scopes for $25 and various parts for $50 a piece. Clients will also be required to pay 5% GST on the purchase price and, if the firearm is not made in North America, pay up to 7% duty. There will also be shipping charges from Lloydminster Alberta, to the client. This tends to range from $20 to $35 for a single firearm.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet River View Post
    Just wanted to clear this up a bit. Here is a quote from our "Importing" page on our website in regards to all fees including duty and shipping. Thanks for your business!

Our Fees:

Our fee is $250 for one rifle or handgun, $200 for a second, and $150 for each additional. Shotgun rates are $195 for one and $150 for each additional. We can also bring in smaller items such as scopes for $25 and various parts for $50 a piece. Clients will also be required to pay 5% GST on the purchase price and, if the firearm is not made in North America, pay up to 7% duty. There will also be shipping charges from Lloydminster Alberta, to the client. This tends to range from $20 to $35 for a single firearm.
    I was told it can't be marked 556... Is this the barrel or the gun?

I want to import this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=321533626

But besides where it says ar-180b, it says 556?

So can't export to Canada?

Big thank you to Melissa, Clay and Prophet River for a wonderful job importing my new Springfield! The process was simple and easy, great customer service, and rifle showed up much quicker then expected. Completely worth it and the website explained pretty much everything I needed to know. I would definitely recommend their import services. Great work!

UPDATE:

Just got a Contender barrel out of the US and used Prophet River for the importation.

I had the barrel in my hands in just slightly more than a month!!!! [That is from time of purchase in the US and picking it up at my post office.]

Geeeez, that is the same amount of time it took the Ont CFO to approve my last handgun purchase.

Thanks!
    CD
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

And another gun from US arrived at my doorstep. Fast and efficient!! Thanks PR!!
    TRC
    BRRC
    CSSA Life Member

I also 100% agree! I've bought two glocks from them. The first was a couple years ago when they had that insane deal on g17s the last one was a g21 that I just purchased two months ago. Even though the g21 was about $20-$30 more than my local place I still bought it from prophet river! Their customer service is worth the extra money! A top notch vendor for sure!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567