Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted ACR's

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 M14 View Post
    bump for this... that'd be sweet
    In talking to the Bushmaster rep at SHOT this year, it sounds like the ACR 7.62x39 conversion will be a long time out.

He didn't say anything concrete at all, but gave me the impression that it would be "years".

He cited poor magazine designs in that caliber as one of the main reasons, however I suspect there is more at play there.

5.56 / .223 and 6.8 SPC seem to be the only ACR calibres that bushmaster / remington are "running" with for now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MrSchultz's Avatar
    Questar, when are you guys getting more of these ACRs ? I would really like one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    ......its not just for MW3 anymore!
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

questar, any chance of you guys making a non-restricted threaded barrel so I can put on a flash hider?

Quote Originally Posted by Questar View Post
    If we can get an export permit to allow export of the stock from the US to Canada then we'll bring them in.

Mark
    Hi Mark, do you guys have the export permits yet for the folding stocks? why the heck do you need an export permit for importing stocks? some silly rules going on here.

but anyway, would be great if you could get them in! thanks guys

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSchultz View Post
    questar, any chance of you guys making a non-restricted threaded barrel so I can put on a flash hider?
    The barrels we sell, in fact there's one in stock: https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=1658&bc=no

They do not come threaded but you can email Scott to inquire about having it threaded... there is a charge for threading.

Questar - CGN Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSchultz View Post
    Hi Mark, do you guys have the export permits yet for the folding stocks? why the heck do you need an export permit for importing stocks? some silly rules going on here.

but anyway, would be great if you could get them in! thanks guys
    We've been trying to source the stocks for months... None of our US Distributors have them or can even order them from Bushmaster. Though Bushmaster shows them on their website for sale, trying to actually get them is hopeless.

During the past 5 months it's been as if Bushmaster has stepped back from the commercial ACR market. Inventory that was in the US supply chain (last fall) has dried up. Here in Canada Gravel assured dealers last fall that they would have a new shipment of ACR's arriving in Canada before the end of November 2011... that shipment never arrived.

Most US Distributors were expecting shipments of ACR's to arrive last November and December... in fact rumours were that there would be a price decrease at that time which is supposedly why the inventory was allowed to dry up (to empty the supply chain)... Gravel told us the same thing (that a price reduction was in the works)... but the price drop never came (in the US or Canada) and neither did the product shipments.

Bushmaster has been incredibly closed mouth about all of this. We deal with some of the largest US Firearms Distributors and none of them have a single ACR in their inventory nor do any of them have any idea when (or if) they will see any.

Whatever Bushmaster is planning they aren't telling anyone. If I had to guess I don't believe they've abandoned the gun... I believe they are making modifications to address some of the issues and concerns that were expressed in the initial release and that a revised model will be released at a lower price. When that will happen is anyone's guess. Until then all we can do is wait.

Mark

The barrels we sell, in fact there's one in stock: https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=1658&bc=no

They do not come threaded but you can email Scott to inquire about having it threaded... there is a charge for threading.
    Thanks!

would it be ok to duracoat/amracoat the barrel? also, do you guys plan on bringing in the tan/FDE coloured rifles?

cheerio

We've been trying to source the stocks for months... None of our US Distributors have them or can even order them from Bushmaster. Though Bushmaster shows them on their website for sale, trying to actually get them is hopeless.

During the past 5 months it's been as if Bushmaster has stepped back from the commercial ACR market. Inventory that was in the US supply chain (last fall) has dried up. Here in Canada Gravel assured dealers last fall that they would have a new shipment of ACR's arriving in Canada before the end of November 2011... that shipment never arrived.

Most US Distributors were expecting shipments of ACR's to arrive last November and December... in fact rumours were that there would be a price decrease at that time which is supposedly why the inventory was allowed to dry up (to empty the supply chain)... Gravel told us the same thing (that a price reduction was in the works)... but the price drop never came (in the US or Canada) and neither did the product shipments.

Bushmaster has been incredibly closed mouth about all of this. We deal with some of the largest US Firearms Distributors and none of them have a single ACR in their inventory nor do any of them have any idea when (or if) they will see any.

Whatever Bushmaster is planning they aren't telling anyone. If I had to guess I don't believe they've abandoned the gun... I believe they are making modifications to address some of the issues and concerns that were expressed in the initial release and that a revised model will be released at a lower price. When that will happen is anyone's guess. Until then all we can do is wait.

Mark
    Thanks for the reply, Mark. Now I'm thinking, should I hold off on buying an ACR?! I don't know... thanks again, guess we just have to wait.

CGN Regular
    I am VERY interested in a tan folding stock one... no mater the wait if you can get them in.